Here you can Apply for UN Jobs in Asia and the pacific.
Brief Details About UN Jobs in Asia
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Country: Bangladesh
- City: Dhaka
- Office: FAO Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Lead at the Country Office level in the development and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) strategy and framework to provide timely information on delivery terms of outputs, outcomes, and impacts, allowing program/cluster/project teams and management to monitor and improve implementation, generate learning and inform evidence-based advocacy
- Contribute to the project and program M&E cycle, designing project theory of change, contribute to drafting M&E sections, reviewing beneficiary selection/identification process, setting benchmark values for logical framework indicators and critical milestones for review of project work plans and performance as well as review budgets to ensure MEAL costs are fully integrated
- Contribute to the development of output and outcome monitoring indicators, process, and quantitative/qualitative tools for data collection, analysis, and management in collaboration with technical experts in order to implement the strategy and framework that are adaptable to contextual and operational differences.
- Establish a secure beneficiary tracking system to promote accountability in project beneficiary selection, counting, and registration methods to guarantee that beneficiaries are informed and participate in project design, execution, and assessment.
- Monitor project activities and progress toward results, and offer input to FAO Management on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of project execution by giving an overview of Value for Money, Return on Investment, Cost Benefit Analysis, and other indices.
- Support the design, management, execution, and analysis of impact assessments, baselines, midterm reviews, and final impact evaluations in collaboration with the FAO Office of Evaluation and in accordance with FAO evaluation policies, processes, and practices.
- Assist in the implementation of a well-functioning Feedback and Grievance Response Mechanism in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare MEAL reports, which include assembling information for MEAL reports, updates, and other pertinent information products.
- Contribute to the MEAL capacity assessment/development strategy, training materials, and capacity development activities for FAO personnel and partners on tools, processes, and functions for producing MEAL evidence and ensuring quality assurance.
- Support the partnership selection and management process by writing/reviewing TORs, participating in the selection of consultants and enumerators, facilitating management reaction, disseminating results, and reporting on the recommendations’ execution.
- Create learnings from project evaluations, special studies, and monitoring for knowledge development, learning, and practical application, including the incorporation of best practices into the MEAL framework and related tools.
- As asked, participate in inter-agency coordination bodies, including the UN M&E working group.
Minimum Requirements for these UN Jobs in Asia
- Advanced university degree in agricultural and development economics, statistics, rural development, or a related field, preferably in information management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in MEAL applied to food security and/or agricultural programs;
- Working knowledge of English (Level C) and Bangla
- National of Bangladesh
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Functional Skills for these UN Jobs in Asia
- Excellent understanding of MEAL methods and methodology used in food security, agriculture, and resilience programs.
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook);
- Capability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in emergency situations would be advantageous.
- Experience executing MEAL activities and initiatives on the ground is necessary.