- Organization: WHO
- Location: Cambodia
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Consultant for ETB to Provide Technical Support to CENAT
- Close on: 26 Mar 2023
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. It was founded on April 7, 1948, with the goal of promoting health, preventing diseases, and improving healthcare systems worldwide.
WHO’s primary functions include setting global health standards, promoting research and information sharing, providing technical assistance to countries, coordinating international responses to disease outbreaks and emergencies, and providing leadership and advocacy on critical public health issues.
WHO is composed of 194 member states and is governed by the World Health Assembly, which meets annually to set policies and approve budgets. The organization is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and has six regional offices around the world.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Israel-PHC Data Analyst Consultant
WHO has played a critical role in global health initiatives, including the eradication of smallpox and the control of polio, malaria, and HIV/AIDS. It has also been instrumental in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing guidance on prevention and treatment, coordinating research efforts, and supporting vaccine distribution.
About UN Jobs in Cambodia-Consultant for ETB to Provide Technical Support to CENAT
The National Center for Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control in Cambodia will require technical assistance from a short-term consultant who has experience and energy, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). The following expected outputs will be attained during the working period by the consultant in close collaboration with the Team Leader of Communicable Disease, the National Technical Officer, the Coordinator End TB and Leprosy Unit Division of Communicable Diseases World Health Organization, the Regional Office for the Western Pacific, the National Center for TB and Leprosy Control, USAID, and other important partners.
- Provide technical support on daily basis to CENAT on the implementation of the third TB prevalence in close collaboration with RIT/JATA, institute Paster, USAID partner, and stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to CENAT to develop, implement and monitor the progress of the multisectoral accountability framework for TB (MAF-TB) in Cambodia
- Provide technical support on the national TB guidelines based on the latest WHO recommendations, including the campaign 1/4/6 by 2024.
- Review current strategic interventions and recommend strategic priorities for 2024- 2026 and update the current National Strategic Plan to End Tuberculosis in Cambodia, 2021-2030 with the addendum
UN Jobs in Cambodia-Consultant for ETB to Provide Technical Support to CENAT Requirments
- Essential: Master’s degree in public health with university degree in medicine from a recognized institution.
- Technical proficiency in conducting TB prevalence surveys, creating national TB strategic plans, authoring and developing national TB guidelines, and adapting new regimens for different countries are all desirable.
- Experience working in public health for at least ten years is required, especially in programs to combat tuberculosis.
- Expertise conducting TB prevalence surveys, creating national TB strategic plans, authoring and developing national TB guidelines, and adapting the new regimen for different countries are all desirable.
- Fluent in written/spoken English