- Organization: NRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- Type: Full Time
- Job title: Logistics Technical Assistant
- Close on: N/A
The National Research Council (NRC) is a Canadian federal government organization responsible for providing research and development services in science, technology, engineering, and health. Its mission is to support innovation and industrial competitiveness, as well as improve the quality of life of Canadians by promoting economic growth and social development. The NRC operates 14 research centers across Canada and works closely with industry, academia, and other government agencies to promote technology transfer and knowledge exchange. The organization was established in 1916 and has played a key role in advancing Canadian research and innovation.
About UN Jobs in Ethiopia-Logistics Technical Assistant
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the Logistics function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure smooth running of office transportation
- Provide monthly fleet reports for the overall country
- Provide technical support and conduct spot checks for area offices
- Conduct liaison activities as instructed by the supervisor
- Keep track of your utility bills and pay them in time.
- Ensure timely maintenance of utility facility if get the problem
- Follow up and ensure the availability of fuel for the generator
- Follow up and make sure the generator is always operating properly.
- Arrange travel arrangements for guests, including reserving flights and hotels; on the administrative white board, update shuttle service;
- Administration of the guest house and monitoring of GH records;
- Help with any administrative tasks, such as filing, typing, updating phone lists (for NRC administrative clients), and maintaining sufficient stationery for office use;
- upkeep of NRC archives in accordance with NRC regulations;
- track down and pay promptly all NRC monthly phone, internet, and DSTV bills;
- Keep track of the lease deadlines for the guest house, CD home, and office and notify the logistics department;
- Organize seminars, training, and the distribution of papers, commodities, and services in and around by providing administrative and logistical assistance;
- keep track of all office supplies and supplies utilized, and provide monthly stock reports;
- Oversee office attendant and Guest House/Office Cleaning;
- carry out any assignments given by the supervisor
UN Jobs in Ethiopia-Logistics Technical Assistant Requirments
- Basic experience from working as a logistic assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a closely related field
- 1-2 years of experience working as a logistic assistant or a similar position
- Fluent in oral and written English and Amharic and another additional local language
How to Apply?
- Click on the “Apply” button to start the application process. You will be required to create an account on the NRC website or sign in if you already have an account.
- Fill in your personal details, work experience, education, and skills in the online application form. You may also be required to attach your CV and cover letter.
- Review your application to ensure all the information is accurate and complete.
- Click on the “Submit” button to send your application to NRC.
- If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for an interview or an assessment.
Note that the recruitment process may vary depending on the job position and location. It’s also important to read and understand the job advertisement before applying to ensure you meet the requirements and can fulfill the responsibilities of the role.