- Organization: WFP
- Location: Ethiopia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Storekeeper(Warehouse) , Service Contract
- Close on: 27 Mar 2023
WFP (World Food Programme) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was established in 1961 to address the issue of global hunger. The organization provides food assistance to people affected by conflict, disasters, and other emergencies, as well as to those who are unable to access food due to poverty.
WFP operates in more than 80 countries around the world, providing food assistance to over 90 million people every year. Its programs include emergency food assistance, school feeding programs, nutritional support, and food assistance for refugees and internally displaced people.
WFP also works to address the root causes of hunger by promoting food security, supporting small-scale farmers, and improving access to education and healthcare. The organization relies on voluntary contributions from governments, private donors, and other organizations to fund its operations.
In addition to its emergency response work, WFP also plays a key role in shaping global policy on hunger and food security. The organization advocates for policies that support sustainable agriculture, social protection programs, and other initiatives to reduce hunger and malnutrition around the world.
About UN Jobs in Ethiopia-Storekeeper(Warehouse) , Service Contract
Warehouses for the WFP host this position. Those in the position report to the designated person or the warehouse management assistant/associate. All aspects of warehouse operations are exposed to job candidates, who also operate with little oversight. Other warehouse employees may receive supervision and on-the-job training from them.
to manage the receipt, dispatch, and verification of goods in order to improve warehouse operations’ quality, reduce losses, and promote the best storage management techniques that adhere to WFP
- Effectively receive and dispatch commodities, including transhipment (from truck to truck), in accordance with officially approved documentation (such as waybills and/or delivery notes). This includes making sure that the physical count of commodities is accurate and that their quality complies with the set standards.
- To ensure prompt reporting on commodity movements in accordance with the corporate requirements, prepare, verify, and sign warehouse and transport documentation. You should also keep confidential files and correct warehouse transaction records.
- Maintain accurate inventory checks and daily warehouse closure reconciliations to support internal control systems and adhere to warehouse management standards.
- To support informed decision-making, conduct daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received, dispatched, and handled. You should also quickly identify and analyze the causes of stock discrepancies and damage, look into missing quantity, and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions.
- Use routine preventive measures to ensure quality control of both food and non-food items in accordance with WFP specified procedures and authorization acquired from the supervisor.
- To enable effective warehouse space planning and well-organized commodity storage that complies with WFP warehouse requirements, monitor the condition of the warehouse and the commodities and take the necessary actions.
- To support the development and excellent performance of warehouse workers, give them direction and on-the-job training.
UN Jobs in Ethiopia-Storekeeper(Warehouse), Service Contract Requirements
- secondary school diploma, national diploma, or bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or another similar discipline.
- either a bachelor’s degree with at least four years of related job experience OR a secondary school diploma with at least four years of working experience.
- a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both English and the local language.
How to Apply?
- Create a profile: Before you can apply for a job, you need to create a profile on the WFP website. This will allow you to submit your application and keep track of the status of your application.
- Submit your application: Once you have found a suitable job, submit your application online by following the instructions provided on the website. Make sure to provide all the required information and documents, such as your resume, cover letter, and references.
- Wait for a response: After you have submitted your application, wait for a response from WFP. If you are shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or further assessment.
Note that the application process may vary depending on the type of position you are applying for and the country where the position is located. It’s important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided on the WFP website for each specific job opportunity.