UN Jobs in India: HR Senior Manager, Habitat:
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity (Habitat)
- Country: India
- City: Mumbai
- Office: Habitat in Mumbai
About UN Habitat:
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1977 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976.
General HR Support – 10%
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance as subject matter expert to junior HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Collaborate and consult with Habitat for Humanity International, Asia-Pacific Area Office’s (HFHI APAO) HR Learning and Organizational Development (HRLOD) team, and other technical subject experts (e.g. legal) on all support needs and processes ensuring alignment, and compliance with legal and/donor requirements.
- Recruitment and Hiring – 20%
- Ensure that position descriptions are created or updated by hiring managers.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Ensuring due diligence is followed and conduct checks on academic qualifications, references, etc. on selected candidates.
- Talent Management – 15%
- Ensure that the HFH India job planning and the whole performance management system is established and implemented for all Habitat India staff.
- Define a talent management framework to ensure effective nurturing of critical organization skills, and experience staff.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Ensure employees have a development plan in place via the annual job plan process. Work closely with the people managers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and HFHI Organization Learning teams to determine appropriate training and development interventions, as well as ensure alignment of talent inventory and succession planning.
- Compensation and Benefits – 25%
- Work with hiring managers in ensuring that the position descriptions are developed for new positions and reviewed / revised for ongoing positions as required. Ensure that each role is mapped out accordingly to the job framework and pay structure.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive compensation structure and benefit programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Implement and ensure proper systems of staff payroll for all staff across the country. Provide all payroll documents relevant to staff on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all statutory deductions and payments are made as per the due dates.
Employee Relations – 10%
- Oversees employee grievance redressal and disciplinary proceedings, and any cessation of employment process.
- Maintains compliance with all labor laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Handles Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) and compliance to legal requirements.
- Employee Engagement – 10%
- Develop and propose plan of employee engagement.
- Conduct exit and stay interviews, focus group discussions, and partner with people managers in ensuring employee engagement of staff
HR Analytics – 10%
- Develop and maintain HR dashboard. This includes recruitment report, employee turnover, demographics, and other HR analytics.
- Minimum Requirements:
- – Master’s degree in HR, MSW, MBA or any other equivalent
- Years of related experience:
- – At least eight (8) to ten (10) years experience in core HR areas
- Working knowledge of HR systems
- General knowledge and understanding of India’s labor laws
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software applications
- Experience in talent management, and talent acquisition
- Experience working in an INGO
If you are looking for more UN Jobs in India, Click Here!