About UN Jobs in India – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT:
UNICEF operates in some of the world’s most difficult locations to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nourishment, and disaster and conflict protection and extend throughout the life cycle, including prenatal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care, and education.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. Everyone is welcome in the UNICEF family, regardless of race/ethnicity, age, handicap, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, country, socioeconomic background, or any other personal feature.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable). Health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract is valid for the entire period of the contract. Chosen candidates must be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) using a World Health Organization (WHO)-approved vaccine before beginning the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will operate remotely and are not required to work on or visit UNICEF premises, program delivery areas, or interact directly with children. Communities, UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
The application must be filed through the web portal and must include four unique attachments:
- Cover letter detailing technical knowledge and abilities obtained, as well as application experience aligned with the skills and experience of the ToR (should be posted online under the “Cover Letter” page)
- CV references (to be posted online under the “Resume” tab)
- A financial proposal showing an all-inclusive monthly professional charge (should be filed electronically under the “Financial Proposal” page).
Your application will be regarded incomplete and void if it lacks all four of the above papers.
- Any attempt to improperly influence UNICEF’s selection process will result in the applicant’s instant disqualification.
- Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.
- Please note, UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the process.
- UNICEF actively encourages candidates who are women, trans, non-binary, or gender diverse and meet the standards to apply.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds including persons living with disabilities to apply.
- The General Terms and Conditions for the Consultancy Contract are attached for your convenience. According to the United Nations Staff Regulations and Standards, anyone engaged under a consultant or individual contract is not considered a “staff member.”, as well as UNICEF’s rules and procedures, and are thus ineligible for the benefits provided (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their contract, as well as the General Terms of Contracts for Consultants and Independent Contractors, shall specify their service terms. Individual contractors and consultants are responsible for establishing their tax responsibilities and paying any taxes and/or duties owed in line with local or other applicable legislation.