- Organization: WFp
- Location: Italy
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: IT and Automation Consultant
- Close on: 6 Apr 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. WFP works in more than 80 countries, providing food assistance to more than 80 million people each year.
WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030, and it provides food assistance in emergency situations, as well as to support long-term development programs to improve food security and nutrition. The organization works closely with governments, NGOs, and other partners to deliver food assistance to those in need, and it also provides technical support and expertise to help countries build their own food security systems.
WFP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, the private sector, and individuals. In addition to its work providing food assistance, WFP also engages in research, policy development, and advocacy on issues related to hunger and food security.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Sudan-Business Support Assistant
About UN Jobs in Italy-IT and Automation Consultant
As the owner of the corporate taxonomy and custodian of WFP’s historical publications archive, the WFP Library & Research Centre (LRC), INK Division, serves as a hub for the dissemination of academic, scientific, and technical knowledge within WFP. It also supports WFP’s archiving and indexing of documents and publications. By offering e-books and periodicals, especially to field offices with limited access, the LRC also promotes staff wellness. The LRC uses automation for data administration, e-book management, subscription management, and information distribution.
The chosen candidate would be required to take on the adoption and management of the LRC’s automation, which were implemented utilizing MS Power Automate, MS SharePoint online, and UIPath, as well as their proactive evolution and maintenance. Additionally, the incumbent will help LRC workers and customers use digital platforms and devices.
UN Jobs in Italy-IT and Automation Consultant Requirments
- Computer science degree from a university, or something comparable. Microsoft SharePoint and automation training will be advantageous.
- a degree in computer science or relevant work experience
- English must be spoken and written with proficiency. An asset is having knowledge of one or more UN official languages.
How to Apply?
- Read the job description carefully: Once you find a job opening that interests you, read the job description carefully to ensure that you meet the qualifications and experience required for the position. Make sure to also review the “duties and responsibilities” and “competencies” sections to ensure that you have the necessary skills for the job.
- Prepare your application materials: Most UN job applications require a cover letter and a resume/CV. Your cover letter should highlight your relevant skills and experience, and explain why you are a strong fit for the position. Your resume/CV should be tailored to the job opening and include your education, work experience, and any other relevant information.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application materials, you can submit your application through the UN’s online application system. You will need to create an account and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
- Follow up on your application: After you submit your application, you may need to wait several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time, you can follow up with the hiring manager or HR department to inquire about the status of your application.
It’s important to note that the UN’s application process may vary depending on the job opening and location. Be sure to carefully review the job posting and follow the application instructions provided.