The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger and food insecurity. Established in 1961, WFP is a United Nations agency that provides food assistance to over 90 million people in 80 countries each year. The organization’s mission is to save lives and improve the nutrition and livelihoods of the most vulnerable people around the world. WFP’s programs include emergency food assistance, school feeding, nutrition interventions, and support for smallholder farmers. The organization also works to build resilience in communities and help them prepare for and recover from disasters and crises.
About UN Jobs in Moldova Learning, Advocacy and Visibility International Consultant
The purpose of this position is to increase WFP’s exposure among a wide range of audiences and to guarantee that the organization’s mandate, role, and added value in Moldova are recognized and understood. This is anticipated to result in strong strategic positioning with public, corporate, and outside partners to draw resources, funding, technical support, and creative solutions to advance WFP’s operations in Moldova.
The incumbent works with relevant technical WFP colleagues in the Moldova Office and Regional Bureau as well as with external partners, including government counterparts, UN agencies, and other technical and financial partners, whether based in Moldova or not. The incumbent directly reports to the Head of Office.
Also, Apply: UK Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
Responsibilities of UN Jobs in Moldova Learning, Advocacy and Visibility International Consultant
• Formulate operational and strategic messages on WFP operations in Moldova, which can enhance internal WFP learning and strategic partnerships with donors.
• Liaise with relevant colleagues in Moldova Office, RBC, and HQ on identifying innovative practices for learning and evidence generation related to WFP’s involvement in the refugee response, social protection- and food systems strengthening in Moldova.
• Propose solutions for advocacy and dissemination of operational and strategic messages as well as learning results and evidence generation.
• Support the WFP Moldova Office in the design and implementation of the Communication plan.
• Support the WFP Moldova Office in the design and implementation of the Partnership Action Plan.
• Support WFP Moldova Office on corporate reporting requirements.
• Other duties as required.
UN Jobs in Moldova Learning, Advocacy, and Visibility International Consultant Requirments
- a master’s degree from an accredited university in international development, social sciences, political science, economics, or a related discipline.
- 5 or more years of related experience, including at least one abroad (remote work excluded.)
- English language proficiency (level C) and, preferably, proficiency in one of the UN’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
How to Apply?
To apply for a position, you will need to create an account on the WFP career portal and submit your resume/CV and cover letter. The cover letter should clearly state your qualifications and experience as it relates to the specific position you are applying for.
The recruitment process for WFP typically involves several stages, including an initial screening of applications, interviews, and assessments of technical and behavioral competencies.
It is important to note that the application process may differ depending on the position and location, so it’s best to carefully review the job listing and follow the instructions provided. Good luck with your application!