The United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) was established by the United Nations Security Council in 1949 to monitor the ceasefire line in Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan. The mission’s role is to observe and report any violations of the ceasefire, as well as to promote dialogue between the parties to the conflict. UNMOGIP is composed of military personnel from various countries and operates on both sides of the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir. Its mandate has been renewed periodically by the Security Council.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
General Services Section, United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP), Islamabad is where the position is located. The incumbent will answer to the Chief of Section or a representative of that person.
- Monitoring of all actions relating to contract management, tasking, planning, and oversight of the facilities management contractors.
- Provide scheduling and monitoring for construction, repair, maintenance and installation of conventional structures, temporary buildings, infrastructure and sites and premises including grounds in the mission area.
- Keeping an eye on contracts for services related to facilities management, such as cleaning, garbage disposal, fumigation, ground maintenance, hotels, and catering, etc.
- assistance with managing office space, including collaboration with other parties and site inspection.
- assistance with the creation of SOPs and guidelines for facility management tasks.
- Assist in the coordination of repairs and maintenance, the occupancy check-in and check-out procedure in ERP, and the preservation of occupancy records for processing cost recoveries.
- Establish workloads and timetables for the team’s junior local and international employees as well as ad hoc tradespeople.
- Read and understand plans, timelines, technical drawings, and instructions for infrastructure installation, maintenance, and upgrade projects.
- Assign daily repair and maintenance duties to tradespeople who are under your supervision after reviewing and recommending for approval work orders.
- Verify proper use of the resources that are available by inspecting and reporting on construction project work and maintenance work done by either contractors or tradesmen and staff while under supervision.
- Corrective action is taken in the event that a contractor’s work has any material or workmanship flaws during the contract’s warranty period.
UN Jobs in Pakistan-FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT Requirments
- It must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- It is necessary to have technical capabilities in engineering management and operations, preventative maintenance of real estate, equipment, and machinery, management, or a related engineering subject.
- Technical education in engineering technology, facilities management, or another relevant technical field is preferred. Experience managing, running, and maintaining HVAC systems is preferred.
- a minimum of eight (08) years of steadily increasing responsibility in engineering projects
- Expertise with at least five years of supervising responsibility in a private, commercial, field, or military setting is necessary. Please include examples to demonstrate how you achieve this requirement.
- The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French.