- Organization: FAO
- Location: Pakistan/Quetta
- Type: Consultancy
- Job Title: Livestock Specialist
- Close on: 15 Mar 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was founded in 1945 with the mission to raise levels of nutrition and standards of living, improve agricultural productivity, and to better the condition of rural populations.
FAO works in over 130 countries around the world and is dedicated to achieving food security for all. The organization focuses on a wide range of issues related to agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and rural development, including improving agricultural productivity, reducing hunger and malnutrition, promoting sustainable agriculture and rural development, and enhancing the resilience of rural communities in the face of climate change and other challenges.
FAO provides technical assistance, policy advice, and capacity-building support to governments, civil society organizations, and other partners to help them achieve their food security and sustainable development goals. The organization also produces and disseminates information and data on food and agriculture, conducts research, and leads international efforts to address global food and nutrition security challenges.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist
Frequent natural disasters and incoherent economic policies have damaged Pakistan’s economy overall, particularly the agriculture sector and the livelihoods of the populace. In Pakistan, the locust infestation and pandemic outbreak have harmed agricultural crops and disrupted the food supply system. By several analytical policy reports on the food supply chain, food forecast livestock, forestry, fisheries, and climate change, the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations supports the Government of Pakistan at the national and provincial levels. Similar to this, Pakistan is creating a web-based data management system for statistics on agriculture, food security, and nutrition. By helping the Pakistani government monitor food prices and the supply chain using real-time dashboards, this technology will improve planning and policymaking.
A team of agronomists, statisticians, economists, and policy analysts is now working on various components to improve Pakistan’s food security and strengthen the country’s food supply chain. FAO Pakistan is looking for a skilled individual with a high aptitude for analysis and math to contribute to the (RBWRP). This experience will open up many opportunities for work, as described below:
Assure prompt completion of all tasks involved in the “Revival of Balochistan Water Resources Programs (RBWRP)” project’s various livestock value chains.
UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist Requirements
- advanced university degree in livestock management, veterinary medicine, or an area associated with the FAO mandate;
- Experience working in more than one place or industry for eight years is required, especially for employment in the field.
- It would be advantageous to have some working understanding of Balochi, Pashtu, and other regional languages spoken in the province;
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Before applying for a job, make sure you review the job requirements carefully. This will help you determine if you meet the qualifications for the job.
- Prepare your application: When you find a job vacancy that you are interested in, prepare your application. This will typically include a cover letter and resume/CV. Be sure to tailor your application to the specific job requirements.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application, submit it through the UN Careers Portal. You can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a large number of applications for each job vacancy, so it may take some time for you to hear back about your application. Be patient and check the status of your application regularly on the UN Careers Portal.