- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Pakistan/ Islamabad
- Type: Full time
- Job Title: Procurement Associate
- Close on: 19 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development agency that works to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and build sustainable development in countries around the world. It was founded in 1965 and operates in more than 170 countries and territories.
The UNDP’s mission is to empower people and communities to achieve their full potential by promoting economic growth, protecting the environment, and advancing democratic governance. The organization works to achieve these goals through partnerships with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector.
Some of the key areas of focus for the UNDP include poverty reduction, gender equality, climate change, democratic governance, and crisis prevention and recovery. The UNDP also provides technical assistance and capacity-building support to countries in areas such as public administration, fiscal management, and human rights.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Elections and Inclusion Officer
Overall, the UNDP plays a vital role in advancing sustainable development goals and promoting a more just and equitable world.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-Procurement Associate
The Procurement Associate will assist in the procurement of products and services in accordance with the project’s approved procurement strategy and in accordance with UNDP rules, policies, and procedures, all under the overall direction and supervision of the National Project Manager. To guarantee consistent application of the authorized procurement strategies to support overall project execution, he or she will engage closely with Provincial Project Implementation Units, Field Offices, MoCC, and provincial line departments. Additionally, he or she will work closely with the UNDP procurement team to buy products and services on schedule and in a transparent manner.
- Assume the role of the project’s main point of contact for all procurement-related issues.
- Offer PMU, PIUs, and FOs with direct and supporting procurement services, including administration of entire procurement processes.
- Ensure that all laws, regulations, and processes related to procurement administration for the UNDP and donors are strictly followed.
- Facilitate supply chain management, contribute to the creation and administration of vendor agreements, procurement tools, and resources, and provide feedback on information unique to individual projects in coordination with UNDP central divisions.
- Perform routine market research to stay current on major project-related purchases.
- Ensure that procurement processes incorporate environmental and social safeguards into procurement paperwork even at the design stage, working closely with the ESMP Officer and technical team;
- Guarantee by carefully examining the procurement papers to improve internal efficiency and get the best deal.
- In close collaboration with the project technical specialists, program and operations teams is in charge of creating all bid documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that incoming cases related to financing, procurement, HR, and administration from PMUs, PIUs, and FOs have been processed by the appropriate UNDP departments to enable prompt implementation.
- Help with purchasing activities and work closely with the UNDP operations team to determine the best purchasing approaches to address the stated equipment/service needs.
- preliminary evaluations of submitted bids, the responsiveness of final bids, timely completion of documentation, and establishment of technical panels.
- Look for possibilities in the project’s annual work plans, link them to the UNDP procurement system, and use supplier markets to meet the project’s aggregated requirement for equipment and services.
- Perform procurement procedures that result in the creation of appropriate procurement instruments, methods, mechanisms, and contracts to guarantee the timely supply of goods and services to beneficiaries meeting the established needs.
Makes sure that effective procurement strategies are put into practice with a focus on achieving the following outcomes.
- Maintain strict adherence to UN/UNDP rules, laws, and procurement guidelines.
- Implementation of effective UNDP internal controls
- Developing project SOPs for procurement in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and ensuring that PMU, PIU, and FOs receive regular training.
- In conjunction with project management, develop suggestions and put cost-saving and -reduction measures into action.
Ensures that knowledge exchange and building are promoted with a focus on achieving the objectives listed below
- organization of supply-chain management and procurement training for project workers.
- synthesis of supply chain and procurement management best practices and lessons learned.
- dependable contributions to communities of practice and knowledge networks.
UN Jobs in Pakistan-Procurement Associate Requirments
- secondary education that is higher. OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as supply chain management, procurement, project management administration, or management.
- a minimum of three years in supply chain management (with a bachelor’s degree) or six years (with a higher secondary level).
- It would be preferable to have knowledge of UN procurement regulations, policies, and practices.
- On a project funded by donors, previous experience working with an international and/or public sector organization is preferred.
- Fluency in Urdu and English.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience needed for the position. It is important to carefully read the application instructions and to submit all required documents.
- Create a profile: Create a UN careers profile and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and professional information, as well as submit a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, click on the submit button to send your application to the UN. You will receive a confirmation email with your application details.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, it may take several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by a UN representative.
- Attend an interview: If you are invited to an interview, prepare well and attend the interview as scheduled.
- Receive an offer: If you are successful in your application, you will receive an offer from the UN. You will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided to complete the hiring process.
It is important to note that the UN has a highly competitive application process, and it may take several attempts to secure a job. Therefore, it is important to remain persistent and continue to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.