- Organization: WFP
- Location: Karachi-Pakistan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Programme Assitant
- Close on: 26 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting hunger worldwide. It was established in 1961 by the United Nations, and its headquarters is located in Rome, Italy.
WFP provides food assistance to millions of people who are suffering from hunger and malnutrition due to conflicts, natural disasters, and other emergencies. It also works to address the root causes of hunger by supporting efforts to improve agriculture, nutrition, and food security in the communities where it operates.
The organization operates in more than 80 countries, and its programs are funded by governments, private donors, and other humanitarian organizations. WFP works closely with local communities, national governments, and other partners to ensure that its assistance is delivered effectively and efficiently to those who need it most.
In addition to its emergency response work, WFP also focuses on long-term development programs that help communities become more self-sufficient and resilient to future food crises. Its ultimate goal is to achieve a world with zero hunger.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-Programme Assistant
The position of Program Assistant is located in the WFP Field Office in Karachi, and the incumbent will be responsible for reporting to the Programme Policy Officer (Livelihood & Resilience) under the general direction of the Head of the Provincial office.
. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of relief operation general food distribution, cash based transfer – unconditional and conditional -FFA activities within the specific area of work and timelines.
2. Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
3. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
4. Liaise cooperating partners and counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
5. Support the capacity building of the cooperating partners and relevant government line departments in line with humanitarian needs.
6. Act as a point of contact for relief operations (GFD) and recovery operations (FFA cash based transfers/ inkind), in order to resolve range of operational queries /issues and challenges within a specific technical area of responsibility.
7. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of relief, recovery and FFA – Food assistance for asset project.
8. Conduct field visit & monitor and oversee the project activities to ensure the quality implementation
9. Compile and share disbursement data with other relevant units at Field and CO level
10. Ensure annual SPR data to submit to Field/Provincial and CO management and relevant units
UN Jobs in Pakistan-Programme Assistant Requirments
- Master’s degree in social science, project management, disaster risk reduction, etc.
- Experience in monitoring and implementing programs for at least five years, preferably in the areas of relief, CBT (Cash Based Transfers), livelihood, and climate change projects.
- Has the experience of working with technical teams (livelihood / DRR)
- Has expertise in putting programs into action during relief and recovery operations
- proficiency in spoken and written English, Urdu, and regional languages (desirable).
How to Apply?
Interested persons are encouraged to submit an application through (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
We aim to guarantee that the application procedure is completely accessible. In order to let us know about any accessibility requirements you may have, please email us at email@example.com.
This email must only be used for any application-related accessibility needs; it cannot be used to send the program itself.