- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Sudan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Security Specialist
- Close on: 28 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development network that operates in 170 countries around the world. Its main goal is to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and build resilient societies.
The UNDP was established in 1965, and it works closely with governments, civil society organizations, and other partners to implement sustainable development initiatives. It provides technical assistance, policy advice, and financial support to countries and communities to help them achieve their development goals.
The UNDP focuses on a range of issues, including democratic governance, poverty reduction, crisis prevention and recovery, climate change and sustainable energy, gender equality, and HIV and health.
The organization is led by an Administrator, who is appointed by the United Nations Secretary-General and reports to the UNDP Executive Board. The UNDP is headquartered in New York City and has regional and country offices around the world.
About UN Jobs in South Sudan-Security Specialist
UN Women is now working on a program to support the social and economic empowerment of women and adolescent girls in South Sudan, in collaboration with the Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare and the Office of the Vice President (Gender and Youth Cluster). The “South Sudan Women Economic Empowerment Project (SSWEEP)” will be implemented in 10 states and 2 administrative areas in South Sudan, with a focus on promoting women’s access to economic opportunities, protection, and access to GBV information and services, as well as strengthening the Ministry of Gender, Child, and Social Welfare’s capacity to effectively carry out its mandate of promoting Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment. Four (4) parts make up the project: a) Community Empowerment Assistance to Women and Girls,
With technical reporting to the Global Security Advisor via the Regional Security Specialist for Africa, the Security Specialist directly assists the Country Representative. The Country office will get technical security monitoring, management, and guidance from the Security Specialist.
UN Jobs in South Sudan-Security Specialist Requirments
- a master’s degree or its equivalent in security management, business administration, leadership, psychology, political/social science, or a similar discipline;
- Instead of the advanced university degree, a first-level university degree plus qualifying experience may be accepted. The senior Command and Staff College qualification from the UN, military, or police, along with senior-level command experience, may be recognized in place of the advanced university degree;
- a minimum of 5 years of steadily increasing security experience, of which 2 years were spent managing programs in the context of international security; if a master’s degree is not already held, seven years of security experience;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply?
- Create an account: Once you have found a job opening that you are interested in, create an account on the careers website. You will need to provide your personal information, education, work experience, and other relevant details.
- Complete the application: Follow the instructions on the job posting to complete the application process. You will need to upload your resume, cover letter, and any other required documents.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, submit it online through the careers website. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a high volume of applications, so it may take some time for them to review your application. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by the UN’s recruitment team.
It is important to note that the United Nations has specific requirements for each job opening, and the application process may vary depending on the position. Therefore, it is recommended to carefully review the job posting and follow the instructions provided.