The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental organization that provides assistance, protection, and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in crisis-affected areas. They work in more than 30 countries around the world, delivering humanitarian aid and supporting displaced people to rebuild their lives.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Assistant Storekeeper
About NGO Jobs in Sudan-Education Assistant Sudan Gadarif
PS: Before submitting your application to NRC People, please double-check that all fields are filled in. (Oracle HR). Applications that are empty or incomplete won’t be taken into account.
Role Specific Information
- Respect the NRC’s rules, manuals, and guidelines, paying particular attention to the Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of the Education portfolio
- Create status reports and other papers as necessary for management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote respect for the SPERE and INEE Minimum Standards for the rights of refugees, IDPs, returnees, and the host community.
- In accordance with program objectives and NRC quality requirements, supervise daily workers and provide daily support to education incentive personnel and teachers.
- Make sure beneficiaries and stakeholders receive direct communication and feedback on the ground, with a focus on community leaders, headmasters/principals, teachers, and students.
- Take the initiative to engage and educate neighborhood members
- help recipients with capacity-building initiatives, with an emphasis on teachers
- Organize, support, and participate in Mother’s Groups, PTAs, School Improvement Plans and School-Based Management Committees
- Travel frequently to the field to support education/PSS interventions and classroom/WASH construction efforts; keep an eye on things and make sure that supply needs are being satisfied on a regular basis
- Organize and carry out the distribution of instructional materials and supplies; keep track of the flow of commodities; and get the necessary supporting documentation.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of project outputs/outcomes at field level per the M&E plan and donor requirements
UN Jobs in Sudan-Education Assistant Sudan Gadarif Requirments
- It is preferred to have knowledge of the Sudanese EiE setting.
- Knowledge of the situations, requirements, and difficulties that refugees, host communities, returnees, and children affected by displacement and war confront is desired.
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context preferred
- Experience in volatile and complicated environments is preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal required; some English language skills preferred