- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Sudan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Information Management&Reporting Analyst
- Close on: 21 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development agency that works to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and build sustainable development in countries around the world. It was founded in 1965 and operates in more than 170 countries and territories.
The UNDP’s mission is to empower people and communities to achieve their full potential by promoting economic growth, protecting the environment, and advancing democratic governance. The organization works to achieve these goals through partnerships with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector.
Some of the key areas of focus for the UNDP include poverty reduction, gender equality, climate change, democratic governance, and crisis prevention and recovery. The UNDP also provides technical assistance and capacity-building support to countries in areas such as public administration, fiscal management, and human rights.
Overall, the UNDP plays a vital role in advancing sustainable development goals and promoting a more just and equitable world.
About UN Jobs in Sudan-information Management & Reporting Analyst
Data Capture/sourcing, Management and Analysis:
- Identify key data gaps for informed crisis risk tracking in the country
- Propose a strategy and implementation plan for capturing required primary data
- Develop a process for and understand primary data gathering (e.g. designing and conducting periodic perception surveys)
- Identify and integrate additional primary and secondary data into the Crisis Risk Dashboard as required by evolving needs including the development, implementation and management of new indicators and corresponding data that are associated with the crisis risk model
- Propose revisions and improvements to the overall design framework and data requirements for the risk tracking system, using as the key tool the Crisis Risk Dashboard (CRD) – a purpose-designed platform developed by CRU for online information management and data visualization – and ensure content is current, comprehensive, and follows relevant metadata standards
Data Visualization, Reporting and Application:
- Produce and update information products such as maps, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline as well as support strategic and operational decision-making
- Explore ways of presenting crisis risk profiles and early warning more effectively through visual representations (charts, graphs, tables and diagrams) through the CRD
- Provide technical assistance in translating data and other program information into easy visual representations, in accordance with data visualization best practices
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis and design and implement sustainable information management and dissemination systems for data collections for the CRD, where required.
UN Jobs in Sudan-information Management & Reporting Analyst Requirments
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or comparable degree) in a relevant field, such as social science, information systems, or technology. It is possible to substitute a first-level university degree (Bachelor’s) for an advanced degree if you have two more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in information management, business management, information systems, communications, statistics, social sciences, development, or a similar discipline of at least two years with increasing responsibility is necessary. First-year university graduates must have at least 4 years of relevant experience (Bachelor)
- Spoken and written fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic is desired.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience needed for the position. It is important to carefully read the application instructions and to submit all required documents.
- Create a profile: Create a UN careers profile and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and professional information, as well as submit a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, click on the submit button to send your application to the UN. You will receive a confirmation email with your application details.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, it may take several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by a UN representative.
- Attend an interview: If you are invited to an interview, prepare well and attend the interview as scheduled.
- Receive an offer: If you are successful in your application, you will receive an offer from the UN. You will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided to complete the hiring process.
It is important to note that the UN has a highly competitive application process, and it may take several attempts to secure a job. Therefore, it is important to remain persistent and continue to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.