- Organization: UN
- Location: Sudan
- Type: Full time
- Job Title: Management and Programme Analyst
- Close on: 31 Mar 2023
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization established on October 24, 1945, after World War II to promote international cooperation and prevent future conflicts. The UN has 193 member states and its headquarters is located in New York City, USA. Its main objectives are maintaining international peace and security, promoting human rights, fostering social and economic development, protecting the environment, and providing humanitarian aid in times of crisis. The UN consists of six main organs: the General Assembly, the Security Council, the International Court of Justice, the Economic and Social Council, the Secretariat, and the Trusteeship Council (which has suspended its operations). The Secretary-General is the chief administrative officer of the UN and is appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council. The UN’s work is carried out through various specialized agencies, funds, and programs such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
About UN Jobs in Sudan-MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAMME ANALYST
The Office of the Head of Mission Support of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA), duty station Abyei, is where this job is located. The incumbent shall answer to the Head of Mission Support or a representative chosen by them.
The Management and Program Analyst will be in charge of the following tasks as part of their delegated authority:
- creating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), making sure they are regularly compiled from Mission Support Division Sections and Units, and reporting both general and mission-specific KPIs.
- To assure responses to the Board of Inquiry/OIOS inquiries and to oversee the efficient and effective implementation of recommendations made by the Board of Auditors, the OIOS, and legislative bodies, technical evaluation support is given to the Chief of Mission Support.
- key information/data analysis of all areas of the Mission Support Division’s operations (such as inventory, budgets, costs, transportation, and warehousing; including looking into bottlenecks, delays, and system inefficiencies) is conducted, and a consolidated management report is provided.
- strategic analysis to find strategic value gaps and resources needed to close them
- examining and analyzing data from client satisfaction surveys in order to draw sound, well-supported judgments and make suggestions for improving service delivery.
- assessing how the implementation of Umoja has affected staffing, organization, and work processes.
- in favor of mission guidance development priorities being in line with DOS/DMSPC policy development priorities.
UN Jobs in Sudan-MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAMME ANALYST Requirments
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in accounting/finance, business or public administration, program management, logistics, operations, and supply chain management or related field. A first-level degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in finance/budget/program evaluation, operations, and supply chain management or a related area may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- It is necessary to have at least seven (7) years of experience conducting and managing business, program, and thematic inspections and evaluations, three of which should ideally be at the international level.
- The use of various research methodologies and information sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet, and other databases, is required. Experience leading and managing inspection and evaluation teams, survey methodology, data analysis, strategic planning, policy development, facilitation, results-based management, change management, and KPIs is also required.
- The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. English proficiency is necessary for the advertised position(s).
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Before applying for a job, make sure you review the job requirements carefully. This will help you determine if you meet the qualifications for the job.
- Prepare your application: When you find a job vacancy that you are interested in, prepare your application. This will typically include a cover letter and resume/CV. Be sure to tailor your application to the specific job requirements.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application, submit it through the UN Careers Portal. You can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a large number of applications for each job vacancy, so it may take some time for you to hear back about your application. Be patient and check the status of your application regularly on the UN Careers Portal.