- Organization: WFP
- Location: Syria
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Aviation Assitant
- Close on: 23 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was established in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. The organization is a part of the United Nations system and works to provide food assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
WFP works in over 80 countries, providing food assistance to around 100 million people each year. The organization’s work is divided into two main areas: emergency assistance and development assistance. In emergency situations, WFP provides food assistance to people who are in urgent need of food due to conflicts, natural disasters, or other emergencies. In development settings, WFP works to help communities build resilience to food insecurity and achieve food security.
WFP’s operations are funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, companies, and individuals. The organization has won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020 for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas.
About UN Jobs in Syria-Aviation Assistant/2023
The Syrian Arab Republic’s humanitarian partners are able to continue providing aid throughout the crisis thanks to improved logistics, emergency telecommunications, and aviation services.
manage the ground-based air operations for UNHAS flights. Conduct a variety of coordination and administrative tasks that support the humanitarian community’s access to safe and reliable aviation transportation.
The position holder will be a part of the air operations unit. He operates under strict supervision and adheres to accepted standard air operations procedures.
Perform operational coordination and administration of air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations.
2. Liaise with airport officials and other local authorities in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorisations required for air operations.
3. Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are duly carried on the flight, in coordination with crew to ensure safe flights, escalating issues to a supervisor.
4. Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place and in compliance with established conditions.
5. Research, collate and report on aviation related information, to enable decision-making and facilitate air transportation planning, execution and reporting in order to ensure contractual performance.
6. Update and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised, accessible to others, and supports reporting requirements.
7. Respond to client queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required, to ensure timely resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service.
8. Liaise with internal counterparts in order to carry out duties successfully, support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes, to facilitate a coherent approach to air operations.
9. Provide support to other staff, assisting them in completing tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Support process reviews, and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximise the performance of air activities and related operations.
11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
UN Jobs in Syria-Aviation Assistant/2023 Requirments
- secondary school education is finished. A post-secondary certificate in aviation engineering, flight scheduling, air traffic control, or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in the aviation industry.
- Experience working in the following areas is desirable:
- Booking and ticketing;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Before applying for a job, carefully review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and have the necessary experience.
- Prepare your application: The UN job application requires a cover letter, a resume, and sometimes other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts. Make sure your application is tailored to the specific job you’re applying for and highlights your relevant experience and skills.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, submit it through the UN Careers Portal. You can track the status of your application through your UN Careers account.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a large number of job applications, so it may take some time to hear back about your application. If you are selected for an interview, the UN will contact you directly.
Note that the UN also offers internship and volunteer opportunities, which may be a good way to gain experience and potentially lead to a job with the organization in the future.