About UN Jobs in Turkey – Knowledge Interns:
UNDP is committed to achieving gender, nationality, and cultural diversity in its workforce. Minority groups, indigenous communities, and people with impairments are also encouraged to apply. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
The SDG Integration team is seeking eight (8) Knowledge Interns to assist with the optimization of the corporate knowledge architecture, including the implementation of an updated corporate thematic taxonomy via a rigorous knowledge tagging exercise. This study will contribute to UNDP’s larger goals of evolving the GPN into a seamless information sourcing and sharing platform, with associated investments in improved knowledge cooperation initiatives already underway. Interns will report directly to the SDG Integration team’s relevant Community Managers and work closely with theme teams within the GPN.
Roles & Accountabilities:
The eight (8) Thematic Taxonomy Interns will support the following tasks:
- Map knowledge assets across several business platforms in a systematic manner, categorizing them by thematic area/s, knowledge product type, and geographic relevance.
- Help with knowledge asset organization and optimization in SharePoint, Teams, and other applicable platforms.
- Across several systems, tag-mapped knowledge assets with relevant taxonomy tags.
- Help with the creation and maintenance of new Topic pages in UNDP’s Knowledge Centre, which is built on Microsoft Viva Topics.
- Lead status tracking for current and new Topic pages
- To guarantee that work meets quality requirements, work closely with appropriate Community Managers and GPN theme teams.
- The Interns will work under the supervision of the SDG Integration team’s Global Knowledge Advisor and will collaborate closely with the Community Managers to complete the deliverables outlined above.
- The Interns will have access to important information needed to complete the tasks assigned to them.
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own laptops.
- Given the global consultations that will be conducted during this assignment, the intern is anticipated to be somewhat flexible in terms of availability for such discussions, taking into account different time zones.
Also, Apply For UN Careers-Forestry Application Developer/Italy/2023
A master’s degree is necessary in library science, communications, information science, international relations, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of content classification and metadata generation is necessary.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following themes and enablers: i) Poverty and Inequality, ii) Governance, iii) Resilience, iv) Environment, v) Sustainable Energy, vi) Gender Equality, vii) SDG Implementation viii) Proficiency in MS Office tools for health and HIV; needed
- Experience in library or information science is desirable.
- It is necessary to be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Working knowledge of another UN language is essential.