- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Turkey
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Programme Assistant
- Close on: 14 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development organization established in 1965. It operates in more than 170 countries and territories, working with governments and other partners to provide sustainable development solutions that help to eradicate poverty and reduce inequalities and exclusion.
The UNDP’s mission is to support countries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by focusing on three main areas: sustainable development, democratic governance, and crisis prevention and recovery. Its work includes promoting economic growth and job creation, improving access to basic services such as health and education, and strengthening institutions to promote inclusive and effective governance.
- Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Kenya-Deputy Country Representative
The UNDP is headquartered in New York City and is led by an Administrator who reports directly to the United Nations Secretary-General. The organization is funded by contributions from member states and other partners, and it works in close collaboration with other UN agencies and development partners to achieve its goals.
About UN Jobs in Turkey-Programme Assistant
Support the HeForShe programs, the Private Sector Portfolio, and the Achieving Gender Equality in and through Sports in Turkey Project’s monitoring and reporting.
- monitor work plans and actions, as well as follow up with partners on the implementation of activities;
- Describe the daily activities progress;
- Work closely with the HeForShe and private sector teams to streamline the planning and execution of activities, events, assessments, and assistance, as necessary, for administrative and financial processes such as procurement, buying, invoicing, and reporting;
- Do any other tasks that your supervisor may give you that are related to the aforementioned obligations or the requirements of the UN Women Türkiye Country Office.
Provide administrative and logistical support to the implementation and management of programmes under HeForShe initiatives and Private Sector Portfolio
- the provision of administrative assistance in the creation of budgets, proposals, and strategies for the execution of programs, including monitoring the flow of funds;
- Provide the accountable parties administrative assistance for the consistent delivery of and reporting of program-supported activities and money;
- Assist in the execution of audit recommendations by providing administrative assistance for the audit of programs and projects;
- Cooperate with partners on a daily basis to ensure the projects’ administrative and logistical execution goes well;
- Make the necessary plans for the organizing of meetings, seminars, events, and missions in terms of logistics, administration, and finances;
- Prepare the HeForShe team’s travel arrangements, including travel requisitions and claims;
- as delegated, draft minutes for meetings;
- Collaborate with the HeForShe and private sector teams to assemble briefing materials and create presentations using powerpoint and other tools;
- Maintain mailing lists and plan the submission of documents.
UN Jobs in Turkey-Programme Assistant Requirments
- Completion of secondary education required.
- An advantage would include having a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, human rights, gender/studies, women’s international development, or a similar discipline.
- With a secondary school diploma, it is necessary to have at least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in the fields of program assistance and/or administrative support for development, but it is also necessary to have at least 3 years of such experience.
- Significant expertise in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be viewed as a major advantage.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required
How to Apply?
- Determine your eligibility: Before you start your job search, make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position you are interested in. These can include education, work experience, language skills, and other job-specific requirements.
- Review the job description: Once you find a job that matches your skills and experience, carefully review the job description to make sure you meet all the requirements and responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare your application: To apply for a UN job, you will need to create an account on the UN careers website and complete an online application. This may include submitting your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts or language certificates.
- Submit your application: After you have completed your application, make sure to review it carefully and check for any errors or omissions before submitting it. You may also need to answer supplemental questions or complete additional assessments as part of the application process.
- Follow up on your application: Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status on the UN careers website. If you are selected for an interview or further consideration, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or recruitment team.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a large number of applications for each job posting, so it can take several weeks or even months to hear back about your application. Keep applying for other jobs that match your skills and experience in the meantime.