The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It was established in 1965, and its headquarters are in New York City, USA.
The primary goal of UNDP is to support countries in eradicating poverty, reducing inequality and exclusion, and achieving sustainable development. It works with governments, civil society, and the private sector to help countries develop policies, leadership skills, and institutional capabilities that will promote sustainable and inclusive development.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in USA-Cybersecurity Officer
UNDP has a presence in over 170 countries and territories and operates through a network of 171 country offices, eight regional hubs, and a global policy center in New York. Its work focuses on areas such as democratic governance, poverty reduction, climate change, and disaster risk reduction, as well as on promoting gender equality and empowering women.
UNDP is guided by the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aim to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure peace and prosperity for all by 2030.
About UN Jobs in USA-Financial Management Associate
The Bureau of Management Services’ Office of Financial Management (OFM) aids the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in advancing its goal for sustainable human development. This is accomplished by creating and putting into use a dynamic and coordinated combined resource management system.
Working closely with the Finance Specialist, you will play a crucial cross-cutting role in the organization’s implementation of its integrated resource framework in the areas of cost recovery, costing, and financial reporting. You will also implement institutional revenue through the use of a standardized cost recovery policy, contributions from host governments, and costing to support the integration of the budget.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in USA-Editorial Assistant
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in USA-Financial Management Associate
To foster a cooperative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP financial rules and regulations, the Financial Management Associate will report to the Finance Specialist of the Partnerships and Donors Interactions (PDI) donor reporting team. This individual will deliver timely, accurate information and effectively deliver annual external financial reporting to UNDP’s funding partners, the Executive Board, the Chief Executive Board, and high-quality analysis of UNDP program (inc. This puts a strong stress on the information’s accuracy as well as how it is handled and shared with outside parties.
Certified Financial Reports: Making (CFR)
- Preparation of Donor Reports on revenue received, expenses incurred and other financial information for all co-financing resources.
- Assist with the extraction, formulation and analysis of financial data on donor contributions
- Assist with the design, development, test and effective implementation of new reports
- Review and ensure the accurate balances as per General ledger, and assist on the year end
- closure activities.
- The position also will assist as part of the link between UNDP’s divisions that support donor and partner relationships, maintaining sound donor relations.
- Prepare background papers, schedules and analysis to support special meetings with donors using the UNDP financial statements data.
- Follow up with relevant UNDP units on financial and/or programme matters and follow-up on issues raised by Donors and ensure issues are resolved in time to meet periodic reporting.
writing papers for the executive board
- Compile annual programme expenses and prepare the statistics annex to the Annual report of the Adminstrator (ARA) to be tabled in the Annual session.
- Prepare the detailed Annual Review of the Financial Situation as annex to the Structured
- Funding Dialogue to be tabled in the second regular session.
- Assist in the formulation of Frequently Asked Questions for the second regular session
- Provide drafts, ad-hoc reports and updates as requested.
The process of creating the CEB’s annual financial reporting
- Extract financial data from Atlas/Quantum GL and categorized according to CEB.
- Check CEB financial statistics collection.
- Upload financial statistics using the CEB Secretariat Data Management Portal.
Update the contributor tree and look over new donation code request forms.
- Check all new donor code request forms submitted through UNall for completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Update and maintain the Donor Tree.
MPTF UNEX quarterly upload and reconciliation
- Extract all transactions related to MPTF projects and prepare the UNEX upload file
- Follow-up on all errors reported in the UNEX upload
- Maintain master manual adjustments file and projects mapping file for the preparation of quarterly MPTF Gateway – UNDP GL Comparison Report.
- Assist reconciliation of projects’ balances between MPTF Gateway and UNDP GL, where there are differences.
Requirements of the UN Jobs in USA-Financial Management Associate
- secondary education with a finance or accounting specialty qualification.
- Although not necessary, a university degree in finance, accounting, or business administration is preferred.
- Part-qualified accountant from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Candidates must take the UNDP Accountancy and Finance Test, as necessary.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with Secondary Education, or minimum 3 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree, in the relevant area of financial management and donor reporting.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, etc.) including Power BI.
- Experience in ERP systems, ideally PeopleSoft (Atlas) and/or Quantum.
- Previous experience working at country level in a global organization is essential. Experience at country level in the UN is desirable.
- Knowledge of IPSAS/IFRS required.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.