- Organization: UN
- Location: USA
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Programme Management Assistant
- Close on: 3 Mar 2023
The United Nations (UN) is an international organization established on October 24, 1945, with the aim of promoting peace, security, and cooperation among its member countries. It currently has 193 member states, and its headquarters are located in New York City.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Data Architect – Homebase/2023
The UN has several key bodies, including the General Assembly, the Security Council, the International Court of Justice, and the Secretariat. The General Assembly is the main policymaking body of the UN and comprises representatives from all member states. The Security Council is responsible for maintaining international peace and security and has the power to authorize military action. The International Court of Justice settles legal disputes between states, while the Secretariat is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day work of the UN.
The UN’s work encompasses a wide range of issues, including peacekeeping, human rights, economic development, and environmental sustainability. The UN also supports a number of specialized agencies, such as the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Over the years, the UN has played a crucial role in resolving conflicts and promoting human rights, as well as in addressing global challenges such as poverty, climate change, and the COVID-19 pandemic.
About UN Jobs in USA-PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
The Department of Global Communications’ Campaigns and Country Operations Division, Social Media Unit, is where this post is based. According to the Department’s general communications direction, priorities, and message as well as administrative regulations on the institutional use of social media, the Social Media Section is in charge of developing, executing, and monitoring the multilingual social media strategy. A Public Information Officer in the Section will receive reports from the incumbent. This post is presently open until May 14, 2023, with the potential for an extension.
UN Jobs in USA-PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Seven years of progressive experience in programme or project administration, public information or related area is required.
- The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in both oral and written English and French is necessary for the advertised position. It would be ideal to know another official UN language.
How to Apply?
- Determine your eligibility: Before you start your job search, make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position you are interested in. These can include education, work experience, language skills, and other job-specific requirements.
- Review the job description: Once you find a job that matches your skills and experience, carefully review the job description to make sure you meet all the requirements and responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare your application: To apply for a UN job, you will need to create an account on the UN careers website and complete an online application. This may include submitting your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts or language certificates.
- Submit your application: After you have completed your application, make sure to review it carefully and check for any errors or omissions before submitting it. You may also need to answer supplemental questions or complete additional assessments as part of the application process.
- Follow up on your application: Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status on the UN careers website. If you are selected for an interview or further consideration, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or recruitment team.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a large number of applications for each job posting, so it can take several weeks or even months to hear back about your application. Keep applying for other jobs that match your skills and experience in the meantime.