The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid organization that responds to some of the world’s worst crises and helps people survive and rebuild their lives. The organization was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein to assist refugees from Nazi Germany, and since then, it has provided assistance to millions of people affected by conflict and disaster worldwide.
The IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. The organization provides emergency assistance, including shelter, food, water, and medical care, to people affected by crises. It also works to help communities rebuild their lives by providing education, vocational training, and economic support.
The IRC operates in more than 40 countries and responds to crises ranging from natural disasters to conflict and displacement. It has a strong focus on women’s and children’s rights, protection, and empowerment, as well as health and education programs.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in USA-Youth Social Work Supervisor
The IRC is supported by a team of more than 12,000 staff and volunteers worldwide, including experts in fields such as emergency response, health, education, and gender-based violence. The organization also partners with local organizations, governments, and other stakeholders to ensure that its work is locally led, sustainable, and effective.
Overall, the IRC is committed to providing lifesaving assistance to those in need and working to build a more just and peaceful world for all.
UN Jobs in USA-Youth Program Coordinator
The Newcomer Youth Summer Academy, Youth Tutoring, Leaders in Training, and School Success Coaching are just a few of the youth programs offered by IRC in New York that the coordinator of youth programs is in charge of ensuring run smoothly. This involves overseeing the supply acquisition, managing Google Suite accounts, planning student transit, meals, field excursions, leisure activities, and special events, as well as communicating with collaborators. They collaborate closely with coworkers to ensure that the Youth Program’s goals and objectives are met by teaming up with parents, partner groups, school employees, and youth who are recent immigrants.
Responsibilities of the UN Jobs in USA-Youth Program Coordinator
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate staff training for youth programs
- Organize Metro Card procurement, distribution, and tracking
- Provide technological support to instructional staff and students, including managing, maintaining and securing devices
- Conduct inventory of supplies, organize & lead procurement of materials
- Prepare purchase vouchers and process receipts
- Assist with student school enrollments for recently arrived families
- Administer interviews and finalize hiring for Peer Mentors
- Facilitate and supervise program relocation
- Strategize and execute community events, field trips, graduation and donor visits.
- Liaise with host school staff and vendors regarding all student meals & contracts for student breakfast/lunch
- Manage a small team of staff, including Youth Program Specialists and Peer Mentors, providing support, guidance, and regular feedback.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan, prepare, and facilitate Youth Tutor training. Oversee onboarding logistics for volunteer Youth Tutoring team, including setup of Google Suite accounts
- Facilitate student arrival and dismissal, following policies and procedures
- Update and create youth education department promotional materials, including securing accurate translations
- Plan college tours and career days for the Leaders in the Training program
Requirements of the UN Jobs in USA-Youth Program Coordinator
- Required to have a bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, logistics, teaching, or a related area.
- 3-5 years’ minimal expertise managing program operations and logistics, ideally in a context focused on youth education
- English proficiency is needed, but knowledge of another language is greatly preferred. (Dari, Pashto, Ukrainian, Russian, Spanish, French)