- Organization: WFP
- Location: Egypt
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: IT Operations Officer
- Close on: 21 Feb 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the top humanitarian organization, rescuing and transforming lives, providing food aid in times of need, and collaborating with local communities to promote nutrition and foster resilience. It is a global agency under the United Nations that supports over 128 million people in more than 120 countries and territories by providing food aid. WFP is made up of individual members, partners in unions, community organizations, and social movements, and works with national governments to create sustainable food systems that are more inclusive of smallholder farmers along the value chain. To achieve Zero Hunger, the WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies, funds, and scales high-impact ideas.
About UN Jobs-IT Operations Officer/Egypt/2023
To aid in the implementation of effective IT and TC services, providing to smart, creative solutions that allow personnel to provide food assistance to recipients in accordance with WFP’s plan.
To make sure that the organization’s worldwide requirements and expectations are satisfied, the incumbent will apply their knowledge, skills, business analysis tools, and processes. The incumbent will support the development of telecommunication services for both routine operations and emergency situations as well as the management and ongoing enhancement of the TEC Emergency Preparedness & Response (EPR) framework for the Region. This position will make use of their expertise, abilities, and business analysis tools and methodologies to make sure that WFP-beneficial innovative communications solutions are planned, designed, tested, and implemented.
UN Jobs-IT Operations Officer/Egypt/2023 Responsibilities
- Support the planning, deployment, and budgeting of IT and telecom systems in accordance with corporate standards set by the World Food Programme.
- Ensure proper data security and access controls, taking into account both local and wide area network challenges, and help users in maximizing their usage of IT and telecommunications systems and networks.
- To enhance and upgrade system performance, install and set up new computer hardware; support any necessary technology updates.
- Provide information and evidence to support the purchase of TC/IT goods and services that adhere to WFP guidelines.
- Gather information and help with the creation of reliable reports on IT/TC expenditures so that stakeholders can make informed decisions.
- Develop your technical abilities and expertise, and increase your awareness of business trends.\
- Respond to user inquiries, comprehend and fix problems, offer guidance, and make sure IT rules, procedures, systems, and tools are properly applied to support users.
- Mentor young employees, serving as a point of contact and helping them with research and inquiries.
- Support the development of employee capacity by organizing and/or reviewing training initiatives designed to increase staff expertise in IT and TC.
- Network, coordinate efforts, and promote potential opportunities for inter-agency cooperation in the area of IT and telecommunications by coordinating with other UN agencies.
UN Jobs-IT Operations Officer/Egypt/2023 Requirments
- Five years of relevant experience and a graduate degree in computer science are preferable to a first-year degree plus extra years of relevant work experience, training, or coursework.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic
- Five years or more of post-graduate, steadily responsible professional experience in the analysis, design, and development of IT and telecom systems
- has helped with the planning and execution of ITIL service management programs to deal with client requests.