- Organization: WFP
- Location: Romania
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Close on: 14 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is a United Nations agency that was established in 1961. Its primary mission is to combat hunger and malnutrition around the world by providing food assistance and promoting sustainable development.
WFP operates in more than 80 countries and provides assistance to approximately 80 million people annually. Its activities include emergency response to natural disasters and conflicts, as well as longer-term food assistance programs that aim to improve food security and promote economic development.
In addition to its food assistance programs, WFP also works to strengthen national and local food systems, promote social protection measures, and support education and nutrition programs. The organization is funded by voluntary donations from governments, private sector partners, and individuals, and operates with the goal of achieving a world with zero hunger.
About UN Jobs-Logistics Officer
Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
• Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
• Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
• Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
• Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
• Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
• Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
• Other as required.
UN Jobs-Logistics Officer Requirments
- Advanced university degree in transport economics, supply chain, logistics, engineering, business management or other related fields; or a first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training courses.
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant postgraduate professional experience in the supply chain, retail, coordinating service providers’ contract execution, overseeing and managing the coherent flow of information to enable traceability, and/or related fields..
- Fluency (level C) in both English and Romanian language.
How to Apply?
- Determine your eligibility: Before you start your job search, make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position you are interested in. These can include education, work experience, language skills, and other job-specific requirements.
- Review the job description: Once you find a job that matches your skills and experience, carefully review the job description to make sure you meet all the requirements and responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare your application: To apply for a UN job, you will need to create an account on the UN careers website and complete an online application. This may include submitting your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts or language certificates.
- Submit your application: After you have completed your application, make sure to review it carefully and check for any errors or omissions before submitting it. You may also need to answer supplemental questions or complete additional assessments as part of the application process.
- Follow up on your application: Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status on the UN careers website. If you are selected for an interview or further consideration, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or recruitment team.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a large number of applications for each job posting, so it can take several weeks or even months to hear back about your application. Keep applying for other jobs that match your skills and experience in the meantime.