- Organization: UNOPS
- Location: France
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Partnerships Development Specialist
- Close on: 27 Feb 2023
A UN organization called UNOPS is responsible for carrying out infrastructure and procurement projects for the organization, states, and other partners. Infrastructure, purchasing, and project management are just a few of the services it offers to support the development of a more sustainable future. Additionally, UNOPS aims to equip governments with the tools they need to effectively plan, implement, and manage their infrastructure systems with a focus on sustainability and resilience.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Senior Programme Manager
About UN Jobs-Partnerships Development Specialist
The position necessitates close communication with the program officers and the head of the secretariat. Along with other team members from the CCAC Secretariat, such as a Senior Programme Officer, Communication Officer, Fund Management Officer, Associate Programme Officer, and a variety of UNEP and UNOPS hired consultants, individual contractors, and interns, he or she will collaborate with them all.
Working closely with the Head of the Secretariat, Programme Officers, and the CCAC Partner focal points—mostly senior officials from governments and other non-state entities—will be needed of the incumbent. The function will be around 50% internal and 50% external, liaising with new and potential partners on a number of issues.
UN Jobs-Partnerships Development Specialist Responsibilities
- proactively exchanging data on national needs and requests gathered through the CCAC’s yearly “Expression of Interest” procedure;
- encouraging conversations about potential strategies at a regional, sub-regional, or other pertinent/thematic groupings;
- Ensuring and enlarging the pool of potential implementing partner organizations engaged in the Hubs;
- Communicating updates to all CCAC Partners regularly; and
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international relations and/or an environmental field.
- At least 5 years/
- experience, preferably with knowledge of climate change and air quality;
- Experience working with senior officials in national governments, especially in the Latin America and Caribbean region;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures.
- For this post fluency in oral and written English & Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of another UN working language would be an asset.