- Organization: UN
- Location: Gabon
- Type: Temporary
- Job Title: Political Affairs Officer
- Close on: 2 Mar 2023
An intergovernmental body called the United Nations (UN) was established in 1945. Its stated goals are to uphold world peace and security, foster goodwill among states, advance social progress, defend human rights, and uphold the rule of law. A separate organization called UN Women is devoted to empowering women and promoting gender equality.
About UN Jobs-POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER
The United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA) in Libreville, Gabon, is where this post is located. The Political Affairs Officer will directly report to the Chief Political Affairs Officer and be a component of UNOCA’s Political Affairs Service under the direct supervision of a Senior Political Affairs Officer.
Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, the Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Rwanda, and Sao Tome and Principe are the nations covered by UNOCA.
UN Jobs-POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER Requirments
- Master’s degree or equivalent in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration, or a closely related field from an advanced university. The first-level university degree may be accepted in place of the advanced university degree if it is combined with the necessary work experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive, responsible work experience in political science, international relations, development, conflict resolution, or international crisis management are necessary. This experience must have taken place both at the national and international levels.
- It is necessary to have prior work experience in political outreach, facilitation, analysis, advice, and reporting.
- It would be ideal if you have expertise in building and managing alliances with regional actors and other UN organizations.
- The working languages of the UN Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in both French and English (oral and written) is necessary for this post.