- Organization: WFP
- Location: Faso
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Procurement Associate
- Close on: Mar 22, 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was established in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. The organization is a part of the United Nations system and works to provide food assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
WFP works in over 80 countries, providing food assistance to around 100 million people each year. The organization’s work is divided into two main areas: emergency assistance and development assistance. In emergency situations, WFP provides food assistance to people who are in urgent need of food due to conflicts, natural disasters, or other emergencies. In development settings, WFP works to help communities build resilience to food insecurity and achieve food security.
WFP’s operations are funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, companies, and individuals. The organization has won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020 for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas.
About UN Jobs-Procurement Associate
These posts are located in Burkina Faso’s WFP country headquarters. Positions at this level exhibit responsibility and initiative to respond to inquiries and problems on their own with just general direction. Dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis requires judgment. The ability to adapt and contribute to the creation of systems and procedures to continuously improve the caliber of support offered is a skill set possessed by job holders. Employees in this position manage, mentor, and coordinate a group of support personnel.
To improve the effectiveness and efficiency of procurement services, providing administrative, research, and coordination services.
UN Jobs-Procurement Associate Requirments
- own a bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or purchasing
- At least six (6) years of professional experience in the field
- Good oral and written knowledge of French and English
How to Apply?
- Create a profile: To apply for a UN job, you need to create a profile on the United Nations Careers portal. You will need to provide personal and professional information, including your education and work experience.
- Submit your application: Once you have found a job vacancy that you are interested in and have created a profile, you can start your application. You will need to complete an online application form, upload your resume, and write a cover letter.
- Wait for response: After submitting your application, the hiring manager will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview. This process can take several weeks or even months, depending on the number of applicants and the complexity of the selection process.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a high volume of applications for each job vacancy, and the competition is often fierce. Therefore, it’s crucial to tailor your application to the specific job and highlight your relevant skills and experience. Good luck!