- Organization: WFP
- Location: East Timor
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Programme Assistant
- Close on: 15 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is a United Nations agency that was established in 1961. Its primary mission is to combat hunger and malnutrition around the world by providing food assistance and promoting sustainable development.
WFP operates in more than 80 countries and provides assistance to approximately 80 million people annually. Its activities include emergency response to natural disasters and conflicts, as well as longer-term food assistance programs that aim to improve food security and promote economic development.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Tally Assistant
In addition to its food assistance programs, WFP also works to strengthen national and local food systems, promote social protection measures, and support education and nutrition programs. The organization is funded by voluntary donations from governments, private sector partners, and individuals, and operates with the goal of achieving a world with zero hunger.
About UN jobs-Programme Assistant
The incumbent will provide continuous focus on strengthening sub-national capacity in the area of emergency and service provision, nutrition programs, school health and nutrition, food security, and streamlining the supply chain. Provision technical support to relevant line ministries and other stakeholders based at the municipality level to have better Coordination among the national and municipality level and to the relevant WFP technical focal points (e.g. School Feeding Programme, M&E, and Logistics and Supply chain); and closely liaise with the government line ministries at the municipality for program planning and management on a regular basis; and support them in supervision and management of the responding to the COVID-19 and flood impacts, with the provision of emergency food security blanket to ensure the beneficiaries access the food distributions with more nutritious commodities in affected community, village, sub-administrative post and municipality level with run smoothly.
UN jobs-Programme Assistant Requirments
- secondary school education is finished. It would be ideal to have a post-secondary certificate in the relevant functional area.
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to the implementation of programs.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Tetum
How to Apply?
- Determine your eligibility: Before you start your job search, make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position you are interested in. These can include education, work experience, language skills, and other job-specific requirements.
- Review the job description: Once you find a job that matches your skills and experience, carefully review the job description to make sure you meet all the requirements and responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare your application: To apply for a UN job, you will need to create an account on the UN careers website and complete an online application. This may include submitting your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts or language certificates.
- Submit your application: After you have completed your application, make sure to review it carefully and check for any errors or omissions before submitting it. You may also need to answer supplemental questions or complete additional assessments as part of the application process.
- Follow up on your application: Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status on the UN careers website. If you are selected for an interview or further consideration, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or recruitment team.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a large number of applications for each job posting, so it can take several weeks or even months to hear back about your application. Keep applying for other jobs that match your skills and experience in the meantime.