- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Indonesia
- Type: Full Tie
- Job Title: Programme Oversight Specialist
- Close on: 6 Mar 2023
A UN body, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), has the responsibility of assisting nations in eradicating poverty and achieving sustainable economic growth. To lessen inequality, implement the Paris Agreement on climate change, and accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals, it works in 170 nations and territories. Since its founding in 1965, the UNDP’s governing council has made decisions or adopted new tactics to direct the achievement of its objectives.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-NATIONAL POST: Programme Analyst
About UN Jobs-Programme Oversight Specialist
The Programme Oversight Specialist is responsible for managing and leading the Office’s oversight and compliance activities under the direct supervision of the Resident Representative. They also offer guidance on quality assurance and oversight work for Country Office program and operations activities. In order to increase the impact and relevance of the country program, s/he will be in charge of providing effective and efficient management and oversight advisory services to the Senior Management and Country Office units. These services will include advice on risk management, program and project management, result-based management, overall management performance within the Country Office, and organizational learning.
He or she will serve as the main point of contact for overseeing and troubleshooting programmatic performance and will assist in putting remedial measures or improvement plans into action to address problems that have been found. Working closely with management, program, operations, and other Teams within the Country Office, Regional Hub, Regional Bureau, and various HQ divisions, the Programme Oversight Specialist fosters a collaborative, solution-driven approach in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Oversight Specialist needs to have a solid background in program management, adequate knowledge of enterprise risk management, resource, and results-based management, as well as sophisticated analytical abilities, in order to succeed in this position. He or she should be client-focused, have excellent teambuilding, interpersonal, and communication skills, and be able to consider problems from several perspectives and come up with original solutions. Also, he or she must show initiative and leadership in using data gathered from other teams, various reports produced, etc. to inform the Country Office’s strategic planning.
UN Jobs-Programme Oversight Specialist Requirments
- Required education includes a master’s degree in business administration, project management, international development, public administration, or a similar discipline. In lieu of a master’s degree, applicants with a bachelor’s degree and an additional two years of relevant experience will be given serious attention.
- It will be a notable benefit to be certified in program/project management (such as PRINCE, MSP, PMP, etc.) and/or accounting/audit domains.
- a minimum of 5 years for master’s degrees and 7 years for bachelor’s degrees of relevant experience, preferably at the level of a national officer or an international professional, in fields linked to the job functions
- demonstrated an aptitude for leading people and collaborating with various teams.
- Experience in operations management, program finance, or program management with a track record is extremely preferred.
- It’s necessary to be familiar with ERP platforms like PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud, etc.
- Good familiarity with the Accountability Framework, Programme and Project Management Policies and Procedures, and Enterprise Risk Management Policy of the UNDP is highly recommended.
- demonstrated capacity for completing tasks quickly and under duress.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia;