- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Brazil
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Close on: 1 Mar 2023
The United Nations founded the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 1965 as a global development organization. With sustainable development, UNDP seeks to assist nations in eradicating poverty, minimizing inequality, and eliminating exclusion.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Radio Room Operator
The organization works with governments, civil society organizations, and the commercial sector to address challenging development issues in almost 170 nations and territories. In order to assist nations in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other global development objectives, UNDP offers technical assistance, policy recommendations, and financial support.
Promoting democratic governance, enhancing climate change resilience, advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment, encouraging sustainable and inclusive economic growth, and assisting crisis prevention and recovery efforts are just a few of UNDP’s main areas of concentration.
About UN Jobs-Project Manager/Brazil/2023
Given the realities of Brazil, including its structural and overall challenges, and the significance of promoting and accelerating human development in the nation, the Unit for Socioeconomic Inclusive Development seeks to strengthen its capabilities in the area of financing for development as well as in the creation and management of innovative partnerships with the private and financial sectors.
As a result, under the direct supervision of the unit’s leader for socioeconomic inclusive development, the project manager will be in charge of overseeing the implementation and monitoring of projects under their direct management (DIM) and national management (NIM), particularly those relating to the innovation and competitiveness of micro businesses. As a result, the Project Manager will be in charge of all managerial tasks related to the implementation of projects, ensuring their smooth execution, consistency in their implementation, and compliance with PNUD rules and regulations. They will also be expected to provide substantial technical contributions in the project’s focus areas, helping to position and broaden the PNUD’s reach in relevant fields.
The project’s main focus areas are innovation, funding for sustainable development, and developing partnerships with the private sector and financial industry. It is expected that the manager will be able to contribute significantly in these technical areas as well. It is particularly important for the manager to be able to support the formulation of public policies and work on developing and implementing new ideas, partnerships, and projects.
UN Jobs-Project Manager/Brazil/2023 Requirments
- Level above complete in economics; post-graduation (strictly speaking) in economics, politics, administration, finance, or related fields
- In cases where the level is higher, a minimum of 4 (quatro) years must be spent managing projects in the economic fields of development funding and sustainable funding, as well as partnerships with the private or public financial sectors and/or public policies for development.
- In the case of postgraduate level, a minimum of 2 (dois) years of project management experience in the economic (developmental/sustainable) areas is required, as well as partnerships with the private or public financial sectors and/or public policies for development.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (oral e escrita)