- Organization: UN
- Location: Burkina Faso
- Type: Temporary
- Job Title: resident Coordinator
- Close on: 9 Feb 2023
Resposibalaites of UN Jobs-Resident Coordinator
- leads the UN country team in the creation, oversight, and reporting of the UN Cooperation Framework and facilitates the UN Country Team’s implementation of the UN Cooperation Framework in close coordination with the Government and in collaboration with a variety of partners;
- coordinates the UN system’s support for the government, identifying and eliminating risks that could prevent the SDGs from being achieved and having a positive impact on everyone;
- supports the efforts of UNCT member funds, programs, and organizations and aids country representatives in achieving their agency-specific objectives;
- coordinates contributions from UN organizations to context and trend analysis, including a top-notch Common Country Analysis, communicating significant findings with the government and updating the Secretary-General as necessary;
- promotes and fights for the core principles, standards, and values outlined in the UN Charter, such as the protection of human rights, gender equality, and the promise to leave no one behind in the pursuit of sustainable development goals and to start with those who are most in need;
- Engages gathers, and creates strategic alliances at the national and sub-national levels with a variety of organizations, such as civil society, trade unions, employers’ organizations, networks of young people, the private sector, lawmakers, academics, media, and think tanks, as well as the larger development community, in order to support the 2030 Agenda as a whole;
- promotes the integration of the UN Country Team’s work with UN peacekeeping or political missions in conflict and post-conflict settings to fully contribute to building resilience, preventing conflict, maintaining peace, and transition planning and management;
- oversees the Resident Coordinators Office and manages it while offering strategic direction.
Purpose of UN Jobs-Resident Coordinator
In line with the integrated nature of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Resident Coordinator system is concentrated on the progress of sustainable development, leaving no one behind, and with the eradication of poverty in all its forms and dimensions as an overarching purpose. The Resident Coordinator is governed in carrying out her or his duties by the relevant UN Cooperation Framework as well as by international frameworks, norms, and standards set by the United Nations Member States.
UN Jobs-Resident Coordinator Requirments
Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, political science, economics, social sciences, human rights, law, or a closely related field, or an equivalent postgraduate qualification (for otherwise suitably qualified candidates, a first-level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced post-graduate university degree).
- It is necessary to have over 15 years of relevant experience that has led to leadership positions at the international level (including five years of total experience working on international levels in the fields of development, human rights, rule of law, peace-building, or humanitarianism).
- Experience working with organizations at the United Nations Headquarters and in the region on peacebuilding projects, including those involving politically delicate situations, is preferred.
The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in both French and English is necessary for this post.
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization that was established in 1945 with the goals of preserving world peace and security, fostering goodwill among countries, and advancing social progress, higher living standards, and human rights. It was founded by 51 nations, including the United States, and features a flag with a white backdrop with a world map encircled by two olive branches on it. UN Women is the UN agency devoted to empowering women and promoting gender equality.