Organization: UNDPLocation: CambodiaType: Full TimeClose on: 11 Jan 2023
About OrganizationThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. It was founded in 1945 and has 194 Member Nations, two associate members, and one member organization, the European Union. Its Latin motto is ‘fiat Spanish, which translates to ‘let there be bread’. FAO works to improve governance and generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines to support food security for all.You can apply for UN jobs-Interpreter-Translator/Cambodia/2023
About UN jobs-Senior Environment and Climate Change OfficerIn order to support Cambodia’s progress toward the SDGs, the UNDP Cambodia Country Office collaborates with the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, multilateral agencies, bilateral donors, and the private sector. The Policy and Innovation Unit within the Country Office plays a crucial role in developing high-level policy and technical advisory support to the government as well as providing technical assistance for the implementation of portfolios/projects to support the implementation of the Country Programme 2019-2023. Three different sets of strategies direct its work: research, innovation in policy, advocacy, and programming are the first three. Prosperity, Planet, and Peace and Participation are the three main programmatic pillars that the Unit is meant to support and produce outcomes under.The UNDP-Sida Global Programme on Environment and Climate Change is one of the pertinent projects in the NCE portfolio. Its main goal is to assist UNDP Cambodia in ensuring environmental sustainability through an integrated, coherent approach to the environment- and climate-related parts of the Strategic Development Plan and to strengthen UNDP Cambodia’s capacity to address important environmental challenges.
Required Qualifications UN jobs-Senior Environment and Climate Change OfficerEducation:a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental science, natural resource economics, political science, or a closely related social science.Experience:
- Master’s with at least 5 years or Bachelors with at least 7 years of relevant work experience on environment and climate change-related issues.
- Experience in policy and research work in the environment and climate-related issues (it is an advantage if this work covers the nexus between environment/climate and broader sustainable development).
- Experience in project development and management.
- Experience in engaging/liaising/collaborating with multi-stakeholders including the government, NGOs, private sector, and CSOs
- Proven knowledge of the country’s institutional framework and policies on the environment and climate change.