- Organization: WFP
- Location: Romania
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Senior Logistics Associate
- Close on: 14 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is a United Nations agency that was established in 1961. Its primary mission is to combat hunger and malnutrition around the world by providing food assistance and promoting sustainable development.
WFP operates in more than 80 countries and provides assistance to approximately 80 million people annually. Its activities include emergency response to natural disasters and conflicts, as well as longer-term food assistance programs that aim to improve food security and promote economic development.
In addition to its food assistance programs, WFP also works to strengthen national and local food systems, promote social protection measures, and support education and nutrition programs. The organization is funded by voluntary donations from governments, private sector partners, and individuals, and operates with the goal of achieving a world with zero hunger.
About UN Jobs-Senior Logistics Associate
Provide specialised support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
• Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement, supported by analysis and recommendations.
• Gather market intelligence, coordinate vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) and produce relevant reports to support vendor selection process.
• Manage complex operational issues and provide solutions or recommendations related to all assistance modalities, using initiative and following processes, to ensure the provision
• of timely resolutions with excellent client service mind-set.
• Monitor budget compliance and adherence for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
• Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
• Provide comprehensive analyses of operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
• Manage and coordinate a full range of documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to address issues and recommend improvements in processes.
• Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis to produce comprehensive reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) providing insight and recommendations that enable informed decision-making.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and strengthen partnerships on humanitarian supply chain.
• Support the provision of technical advice and training to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
• Participate in logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
UN Jobs-Senior Logistics Associate Requirments
- secondary school diploma or equivalent. an advanced degree with a certificate in logistics, engineering, business management, supply chain management, or another comparable functional area.
- a minimum of seven (07) years of professional experience in the retail industry, the supply chain, coordinating the performance of service provider contracts, and/or similar sectors.
- Fluency (level C) in both English and Romanian language.
How to Apply?
- Determine your eligibility: Before you start your job search, make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position you are interested in. These can include education, work experience, language skills, and other job-specific requirements.
- Review the job description: Once you find a job that matches your skills and experience, carefully review the job description to make sure you meet all the requirements and responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare your application: To apply for a UN job, you will need to create an account on the UN careers website and complete an online application. This may include submitting your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents, such as academic transcripts or language certificates.
- Submit your application: After you have completed your application, make sure to review it carefully and check for any errors or omissions before submitting it. You may also need to answer supplemental questions or complete additional assessments as part of the application process.
- Follow up on your application: Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status on the UN careers website. If you are selected for an interview or further consideration, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or recruitment team.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a large number of applications for each job posting, so it can take several weeks or even months to hear back about your application. Keep applying for other jobs that match your skills and experience in the meantime.