- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Pakistan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: IT Assistant
- Close on: 13 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development agency that operates in over 170 countries and territories. Its primary mission is to promote sustainable development, reduce poverty, and achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UNDP supports countries in building their capacity to tackle development challenges, such as economic growth, democratic governance, climate change, and crisis prevention and recovery. It works with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to promote inclusive and sustainable development.
UNDP is headquartered in New York City and has regional and country offices around the world. It is governed by a board of representatives from its member countries, with the Administrator as its chief executive officer. UNDP also partners with other UN agencies, multilateral organizations, and national and international partners to achieve its goals.
About UNDP Jobs in Pakistan-IT Assistant
Since June 2022, Pakistan has experienced an unprecedented climate-induced calamity that has resulted in a large number of casualties, damaged or destroyed governmental and private infrastructure, and riverine, urban, and flash flooding. Landslides and floods brought on by rain also destroyed forests and agricultural land, having an effect on regional ecosystems. According to government estimates, the severe rains and flooding had an impact on over 33 million people, including nearly 8 million displaced individuals.
Since then, OCHA has expanded its operations while concentrating on its essential duties of coordination, information management, resource mobilization, and advocacy. In order to boost IT assistance for workers at the capital and sub-office levels, UNOCHA Administration has offered the job of Information& Communication Technology Assistant, GS-5. This is due to the need for greater capacity.
The IT Assistant will be in charge of all specified IT matters, working under the general direction of the OCHA Pakistan Head of the Administrative Unit.
The OCHA Pakistan capital office and its sub-offices receive general IT support from the IT Assistant, who works under the overall direction and direct supervision of the Head of the OCHA Pakistan Admin & Finance Unit to ensure high quality and accuracy of work. An approach that is client, quality and results-oriented is promoted by the IT assistant.
To exchange information and guarantee consistent service delivery, the Administrative Associate closely collaborates with the project personnel in the CO, its sub-offices, and other UN agencies staff.
UNDP Jobs in Pakistan-IT Assistant Requirments
- either a high school diploma or a bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information technology)
- If you have a high school diploma, you must have five (5) years of relevant job experience, and if you have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, you must have at least two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- It’s necessary to speak and write English fluently. It is necessary to be fluent in the local language used at the duty station.
How to Apply?
- Prepare your application materials: Most UN job applications require a cover letter and a resume/CV. Your cover letter should highlight your relevant skills and experience, and explain why you are a strong fit for the position. Your resume/CV should be tailored to the job opening and include your education, work experience, and any other relevant information.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application materials, you can submit your application through the UN’s online application system. You will need to create an account and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
- Follow up on your application: After you submit your application, you may need to wait several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time, you can follow up with the hiring manager or HR department to inquire about the status of your application.
It’s important to note that the UN’s application process may vary depending on the job opening and location. Be sure to carefully review the job posting and follow the application instructions provided.