- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Pakistan/Islamabad
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Team Assistant
- Close on: 13 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development agency that operates in over 170 countries and territories. Its primary mission is to promote sustainable development, reduce poverty, and achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UNDP supports countries in building their capacity to tackle development challenges, such as economic growth, democratic governance, climate change, and crisis prevention and recovery. It works with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to promote inclusive and sustainable development.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Switzerland-Data Architecture Specialist
UNDP is headquartered in New York City and has regional and country offices around the world. It is governed by a board of representatives from its member countries, with the Administrator as its chief executive officer. UNDP also partners with other UN agencies, multilateral organizations, and national and international partners to achieve its goals.
About UNDP Jobs in Pakistan-Team Assistant
Since June 2022, Pakistan has experienced an unprecedented climate-induced calamity that has resulted in a large number of casualties, damaged or destroyed governmental and private infrastructure, and riverine, urban, and flash flooding. Landslides and floods brought on by rain also destroyed forests and agricultural land, having an effect on regional ecosystems. According to government estimates, the severe rains and flooding had an impact on over 33 million people, including nearly 8 million displaced individuals.
Since then, OCHA has expanded its operations while concentrating on its essential duties of coordination, information management, resource mobilization, and advocacy. UNOCHA Administration has established the post of Team Assistant, GS-5, in order to boost its purchasing, budget & finance, physical inventory, and general administrative duties as a result of the need for greater capacity.
The Team Assistant supports the OCHA team according to operational and administrative requirements under the general supervision of the OCHA Pakistan Head of Administrative Unit.
The Team Assistant provides overall administration and execution of various and interconnected operational and logistical activities in the OCHA Pakistan office, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. They do this under the general direction and direct supervision of the Head of OCHA Pakistan Admin & Finance Unit. The Team Assistant encourages a customer-, quality-, and results-focused mindset.
To exchange information and guarantee consistent service delivery, the Team Assistant closely collaborates with the CO and field employees, its sub-offices, and other UN agencies’ workers.
UNDP Jobs in Pakistan-Team Assistant Requirments
- High School education or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Public Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience with High school education or 2 year of relevant work experience with a bachelor`s degree in administration or Public Administration.
- Preferably is experienced working in travel, administration, physical inventory, and procurement.
- It’s necessary to speak and write English fluently.
How to Apply?
- Prepare your application materials: Most UN job applications require a cover letter and a resume/CV. Your cover letter should highlight your relevant skills and experience, and explain why you are a strong fit for the position. Your resume/CV should be tailored to the job opening and include your education, work experience, and any other relevant information.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application materials, you can submit your application through the UN’s online application system. You will need to create an account and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
- Follow up on your application: After you submit your application, you may need to wait several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time, you can follow up with the hiring manager or HR department to inquire about the status of your application.
It’s important to note that the UN’s application process may vary depending on the job opening and location. Be sure to carefully review the job posting and follow the application instructions provided.