Type: Full Time
Job Title: Appointment of Communication Specialist
Close on: 7 Feb 2023
The UN agency UNICEF is tasked with helping children all across the world with humanitarian and developmental needs. The organization, which was started in 1946 to aid children impacted by World War II, today operates in more than 190 nations and territories. Through fundraising, campaigning, and educational initiatives in the United States, UNICEF USA supports UNICEF’s international activities. At the same time, UNICEF is the world’s largest purchaser of mosquito nets, which can be used to protect children from malaria.
Also, You can apply for UN Careers-Public & Private Partnership Officer
About UNjobs-Appointment of Communication Specialist
In this situation, the Communication Specialist (Internal Communications), P3, reports to the Chief Service Quality Management (SQM), P5, and assists the Director and GSSC Section Chiefs with all communication needs, including those that are internal to the GSSC, external to UNICEF staff across the world, and internal to visitors to the UNICEF website where the GSSC has a dedicated page. This position also oversees knowledge management for GSSC employees and end users.
Required Qualifications of UNjobs-Appointment of Communication Specialist
Strong professional experience in information management and internal communication combined with a graduate degree in information management, internal communication, social science, or a similar field.
- Five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the communication area.
- Solid understanding of the concept of the Digital Workplace and hands-on experience in introducing and creatively promoting the use of related platforms and tools – preferably the Office 365 range of products and SharePoint online – would be a strong asset.
- Experience in a wide range of UNICEF functions from the country office to HQ is also a plus.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an asset.