Here in UNjobs.Asia, you can apply for the latest UNjobs in Asia and the Pacific.
Brief Details About These UNjobs in Asia
- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Junior level – NO-B, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Medical Practitioners
- Malaria, Tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases
- Closing Date: 2023-01-28
Duties and Responsibilities of These UNjobs in Asia
- Facilitate and support the strengthening of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) at the national and sub-national levels.
- Provide technical support for developing national and state plans to strengthen IPC, including surveillance of healthcare-associated infections (HAI).
- Provide technical support for establishing and implementing national and state-level programs on IPC.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to plan the development and implementation of activities to strengthen IPC.
- Provide technical support for training on infection prevention and control at national and sub-national levels.
- Prepare regular technical updates and reports in liaison with other team members to support budget utilization and financial reporting for IPC activities.
- Provide hand-holding support and monitor/facilitate the timely achievement of IPC activities, milestones, and expected outputs.
- Organize periodic review meetings to monitor/evaluate IPC project activities as per the operational plan indicators.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to the responsible technical officer(s) and supervisors.
- Work as part of the AMR-IPC-Labs team at WCO India and support lab strengthening/networking and AMR surveillance activities.
- Support the drafting of technical and IEC resources on IPC, including Sameeksha on IPC.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the interest of the organization, if needed.
Qualifications for These UNjobs in Asia
Essential: University degree in Medicine (MBBS) or related health fields from a recognized university.
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in Community Medicine, Preventive and Social Medicine or Public Health.
Essential: At least two (2) years of relevant work experience.
Desirable: Work experience on IPC / HAI networks.
Required Skills for These UNjobs in Asia
- Knowledge, expertise, and professional abilities in public health elements of IPC and AMR are required.
- Analytical thinker with data analysis skills to provide strategic knowledge for multiple stakeholders and respond proactively in a changing environment.
- Excellent computing, editing, and presenting abilities, as well as report and proposal writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many tasks while multitasking and establish collaborative connections with donors/partners, professional associations, civil society groups, and important cooperating institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Required Langauge Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Knowledge of Hindi or another Indian language (s).