Brief Details About These UNjobs in Asia
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Country: Bangladesh
- City: Dhaka
- Office: FAO Dhaka, Bangladesh
Responsibilities and tasks for these UNjobs in Asia
- Lead the development and implementation of a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) strategy and framework at the Country Office level to provide timely information on outputs, outcomes, and impacts, allowing program/cluster/project teams and management to monitor and improve implementation, generate learning, and inform evidence-based advocacy.
- Contribute to the project and program M&E cycle by designing project theories of change, drafting M&E sections, reviewing beneficiary selection/identification process, setting benchmark values for logical framework indicators and critical milestones for project work plans and performance, and reviewing budgets to ensure MEAL costs are fully integrated.
- Establish a secure beneficiary tracking system to promote accountability in project beneficiary selection, counting, and registration methods to guarantee that beneficiaries are informed and participate in project design, execution, and assessment.
- Monitor project activities and progress toward results, and offer input to FAO Management on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of project execution by giving an overview of Value for Money, Return on Investment, Cost Benefit Analysis, and other indices.
- Support the design, management, execution, and analysis of impact assessments, baselines, midterm reviews, and final impact evaluations in collaboration with the FAO Office of Evaluation and in accordance with FAO evaluation policies, processes, and practices.
Here is More Information About these UNjobs in Asia
- Assist in the operationalization of a well-functioning Feedback and Complaint Resolution Mechanism in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Prepare MEAL reports, which include assembling information for MEAL reports, updates, and other pertinent information products.
- Contribute to the MEAL capacity assessment/development strategy, training materials, and capacity development activities for FAO personnel and partners on tools, processes, and functions for producing MEAL evidence and ensuring quality assurance.
- Support the partnership selection and management process by writing/reviewing TORs, participating in the selection of consultants and enumerators, facilitating management reaction, disseminating results, and reporting on the recommendations’ execution.
- Create learnings from project evaluations, special studies, and monitoring for knowledge development, learning, and practical application, including the incorporation of best practices into the MEAL framework and related tools.
- As asked, participate in inter-agency coordination bodies, including the UN M&E working group.
- Advanced university degree in agricultural and development economics, statistics, rural development, or a related field, preferably in information management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in MEAL applied to food security and/or agricultural programs Working knowledge of English (Level C) and Bangla
- National of Bangladesh
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Skills Required For These UNjobs in Asia
- Excellent knowledge of MEAL tools and methodologies applied in food security, agricultural, and resilience interventions;
- Working knowledge of advanced statistics with the ability to use statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS and R);
- Good knowledge of using and programming questionnaires in Open data kits (in particular Kobo toolbox);
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook);
- Ability to perform in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary contexts;
- Experience in emergencies would be an asset;
- Field experience in implementing MEAL activities and strategies required