- Organizations: UNDP
- Location: Kazakhstan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: National Information Management
- Close on: 18 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency that was established in 1965. Its primary mission is to help countries achieve sustainable development by providing technical assistance, policy advice, and support for capacity building.
UNDP operates in more than 170 countries and territories and focuses on several areas of development, including poverty reduction, democratic governance, environmental sustainability, and crisis prevention and recovery. The organization works closely with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to develop and implement programs that promote inclusive and sustainable growth.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Data Architect – Homebase/2023
UNDP’s work includes promoting gender equality and empowering women, strengthening institutions and promoting human rights, and addressing the challenges of climate change and natural disasters. The organization is funded by voluntary contributions from governments, foundations, and private sector partners and operates with the goal of creating a world where all people can live in dignity, free from poverty and inequality.
About UNjobs-National Information Management Officer
Organizing humanitarian actors to guarantee a coordinated response to catastrophes is the responsibility of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is a division of the United Nations Secretariat. OCHA also makes sure that a framework is in place so that each actor may contribute to the efforts made in terms of the overall reaction. The purpose of OCHA is to mobilize and coordinate effective and moral humanitarian action in collaboration with domestic and international actors in order to reduce the suffering caused by disasters and emergencies, defend the rights of those in need, encourage prevention and preparedness, and facilitate long-term solutions.
The job posting for the position of Information Management Officer in Almaty, Kazakhstan, is particular to this role. Supporting the information management operations of the Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs) in the South Caucasus and Central Asia under the overall direction of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer, Operations and Advocacy Division, OCHA Geneva. The National Information Management Officer will oversee information management coordination as well as content management, data analysis, and data visualization. He/she will be supported and guided by OCHA Headquarters on both a technical and substantive level as they carry out their duties.
UNjobs-National Information Management Officer Requirments
- a graduate degree (Master’s degree or its equivalent) in a relevant discipline, such as political science, computer science, social science, public administration, international studies, economics, engineering, or earth science;
- Humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML, DRUPAL, etc.), data visualization, or data analysis require a minimum of two years of steadily increasing responsibility.
- Experience in the creation and administration of spatial/geographical data layers as well as a thorough understanding of GIS systems and ESRI ArcMap10.2 are necessary.
- It is necessary to have previous computer and office software (Microsoft Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word) user experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian is required.