- Organization: US Embassy
- Location: Pakistan/Islamabad
- Job Title: Telephone Operator
- Job Type: N/A
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+5
- Close on: 21 March 2023
The United States has embassies in many countries around the world, which serve as the official representative of the U.S. government in foreign countries. Some general information about U.S. Embassies includes:
- Services: U.S. Embassies provide a range of services, including consular services to U.S. citizens (such as passport and visa services), assistance with emergencies, and promoting economic, cultural, and educational relations between the United States and the host country.
- Ambassador: The U.S. Ambassador is the highest-ranking official at the Embassy and serves as the chief diplomatic representative of the United States in the host country.
- Security: U.S. Embassies maintain a high level of security due to the ongoing threat of terrorism in many parts of the world. Visitors are subject to security screening and may not bring certain items onto Embassy grounds.
- Contact Information: Visitors can contact U.S. Embassy by phone, email, or through the Embassy’s website for specific inquiries or assistance.
- Location: U.S. Embassies are typically located in the capital city of the host country, but may also have consulates or other offices in other cities or regions.
About US Embassy in Pakistan- Telephone Operator
The primary responsibility of the role holder is to provide phone services to the entire mission. operates the Chancery’s lone central telephone switchboard in a rotating fashion. All incoming calls are promptly returned, and they are then forwarded to the appropriate office. Makes long-distance phone calls for VIP delegations and the entire mission staff, keeping a record of these calls for accounting purposes. Furthermore offers secretarial and protocol support to the mission’s executive office, duty officers, and other senior representatives on the weekends, during holidays, and after regular business hours. The incumbent is employed full-time, rotating shifts.
US Embassy in Pakistan- Telephone Operator Requirments
- Completion of Secondary School Certificate (10 years of education) is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Telephone call receiving and forwarding experience spanning at least two (2) years is necessary.
A thorough knowledge of internal offices and switchboard operations is required for the position. Must be familiar with the rules governing the local telephone company’s (PTCL) available telephone services. To help the employee assist the callers in an effective manner, s/he must have knowledge of customer support services and telephone ethics. Also, a full understanding of Nation Wide Dialing (NWD), International Standard Dialing (ISD), and access codes for all cell phone companies is required of the role holder.
- Level III LANGUAGE (Good working knowledge) English Speaking, Reading, and Writing at Level IV (fluent) Urdu speaking, reading, and writing are necessary. It’s possible to take an English language test.
Advantages of US Embassy in Pakistan- Telephone Operator
The following benefits may be part of the pay for locally employed staff, including members of household and third-country nationals, who serve at the U.S. Mission in Islamabad, Pakistan:
- health coverage for you, your spouse, and your kids age of 18 or, if a full-time student, age of 23
- enrolling on one’s own in group life insurance;
- enrollment in the Provident Fund following satisfactory completion of the one-year probationary period;
- Annual, Sick, and Casual leave;
- after three years of creditable service, severance money is due;
- Within-Grade-Increase (WGI), upon successful completion of each year of service.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The HR Office assigns the salary plan at the time of the conditional offer letter.
How to Apply?
The ability to get and maintain a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance is a requirement for all applicants.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. (https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/current-vacancies/).
Please include the following documents with your application:
Educational Documents: Include academic degree/transcript/diploma/detailed mark sheet/school leaving certificate and/or any other related document as a single attachment using the tab “Other Document”
Experience Documents: Include professional and job-related experience certificates/letters of all previous work experiences and any proof (last drawn salary slip/appointment letter etc.) of current employment as a single attachment using tab “Other Document 2”.
Trade School Course/Diploma/License: Professional license from Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) as registered engineer/professional engineer/diploma certificate, if required in the vacancy announcement.
Driver’s License: Driving licenses (new & old (if any) using the tab “Driver’s License” as an attachment, if required in the vacancy announcement.
Work/Residency Permit: Required, in case you are not a citizen of the host country.