- Organization: US Embassy
- Location: Pakistan/ Islamabad
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Supply Clerk (Inventory)
- Close on: Mar 26, 2023
The United States has embassies in many countries around the world, which serve as the official representation of the U.S. government in foreign countries. Some general information about U.S. Embassies includes:
- Services: U.S. Embassies provide a range of services, including consular services to U.S. citizens (such as passport and visa services), assistance with emergencies, and promoting economic, cultural, and educational relations between the United States and the host country.
- Ambassador: The U.S. Ambassador is the highest-ranking official at the Embassy and serves as the chief diplomatic representative of the United States in the host country.
- Security: U.S. Embassies maintain a high level of security due to the ongoing threat of terrorism in many parts of the world. Visitors are subject to security screening and may not bring certain items onto Embassy grounds.
- Contact Information: Visitors can contact U.S. Embassies by phone, email, or through the Embassy’s website for specific inquiries or assistance.
- Location: U.S. Embassies are typically located in the capital city of the host country, but may also have consulates or other offices in other cities or regions.
About US Embassy Job-Supply Clerk (Inventory)
The incumbent’s primary responsibilities include conducting inventories and maintaining correct inventory records on the acquisition, location, and disposal of all disposable and non-expendable property for Embassy Islamabad. This position is located in the inventory unit. is responsible for updating data into the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) and producing reports for all U.S. government entities. notifies the inventory supervisor of any inconsistencies. reconciles the physical inventory findings for both consumable and non-consumable stock items with the ILMS data. The Inventory Supervisor receives reports for this role.
US Embassy Job-Supply Clerk (Inventory) Requirments
- Higher secondary school (12 years of study) completion is necessary.
- EXPERIENCE: It is necessary to have at least two (2) years of clerical experience working with supplies or inventory.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent must be familiar with the rules and regulations of the Department of State and the post, or be able to become so. It’s necessary to have some working understanding of Outlook, Microsoft Word, and MS Excel on a computer. He or she must be knowledgeable in state Department software programs or have access to it. Must be familiar with the basics of office procedures and terminology. Excellent record-keeping and filing skills are a requirement.
- Level III LANGUAGE (good working knowledge) It is necessary to read, write, and speak in both English and Urdu. It’s possible to take an English language test.
The following benefits may be part of the pay for locally employed staff, including members of household and third-country nationals, who serve at the U.S. Mission in Islamabad, Pakistan:
- Health insurance, for yourself, spouse and children 18 years of age or 23 years of age if a full time student
- Self-Enrollment in Group Life Insurance;
- Enrollment in Provident Fund after successful completion of probationary period of one year;
- Annual, Sick, and Casual leave;
- Severance pay, payable after 3 years of creditable service and;
- Within-Grade-Increase (WGI), upon successful completion of each year of service.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply?
The ability to get and maintain a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance is required of all applicants.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site (https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy consulates/jobs/current-vacancies/).
Educational Documents: Include academic degree/transcript/diploma/detailed mark sheet/school leaving certificate and/or any other related document as a single attachment using tab “Other Document”
Experience Documents: Include professional and job related experience certificates/letters of all previous work experiences and any proof (last drawn salary slip/appointment letter etc.) of current employment as a single attachment using tab “Other Document 2”.
Trade School Course/Diploma/License: Professional license from Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) as registered engineer/professional engineer/diploma certificate, if required in the vacancy announcement.
Driver’s License: Driving licenses (new & old (if any) using tab “Driver’s License” as attachment, if required in the vacancy announcement.
Work/Residency Permit: Required, in-case you are not the citizen of host country.