Type: Full Time
Close on: 6 Jan 2023
About User Researcher Job
To achieve workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture, UNDP is dedicated. People with impairments, members of indigenous tribes, and members of minority groups are also invited to apply. Every application will be handled with the utmost discretion.
The project “Unleashing Employment and Income Generating Opportunities for Youth in the Regions of Armenia” seeks to promote youth economic empowerment, including improved educational opportunities, facilitated labor market transition, and fostered entrepreneurship across 4 target regions of Armenia: Kotayk, Gegharkunik, Vayots Dzor, and Syunik provinces.
You can apply for UNOCHA-Humanitarian Financing Officer
The Project seeks to accomplish the following three goals:
Objective 1: By resolving the imbalance between the supply and demand sides of the labor market, increase the employability of young people in vocational education and training.
Encourage youth in the target regions to transition to the workforce.
Goal 3: Encourage young people in the target regions to become economically independent, particularly in rural and isolated areas.
User Researcher Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the project team to create a framework for classifying stakeholder and user requirements for career tracking and VET data analytics, and then use innovative technologies to illustrate these needs for future communication;
- Support the project’s knowledge management by regularly updating learnings from meetings and validation sessions with important stakeholders, utilizing technologies like Figma and Whimsical that are adapted to the needs of the development and management team until the completion of the product development;
- Include the findings from the study on Career Tracking practices around the world in the creation of a thorough plan and useful tools to carry out qualitative research with VET institutions, MoESCS, MoLSA, and other pertinent stakeholders and beneficiaries, with several iterations, to identify their needs and requirements regarding alumni reporting and career tracking digitalization;
- Promote user research findings to a variety of audiences, including but not limited to Career Centers in VET institutions, NCET, MoESCS, MoLSA, Statistics Committee, and State Revenue Committee, in a way that fits the logic, scope, and objectives of the project while taking into account the viability, sustainability, and feasibility of any proposed solution related to the digital tool edu2work.am’s VET analytics;
- To assist in making particular design and product decisions for the Career Tracking digital tool and the Edu2work VET analytics tool, combine all necessary relevant quantitative data with qualitative data obtained both within and outside the Project activities;
- the Career Tracking and edu2work VET data analytics tools should be improved in light of the results of the prior user study;
- research on the most effective ways to use big data in VET education globally, and the features and data analytics tools for Career Tracking and Edu2work;
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of ongoing co-designing meetings with key and auxiliary stakeholders, such as ministerial representatives.
- aid in planning and carrying out usability testing sessions to evaluate and discover new capabilities of the created Career Tracking digital application and Edu2work VET analytics;
Required Knowledge and Expertise
Secondary education is necessary, as well as a bachelor’s degree in a related field like economics, sociology, statistics, or data sciences.
two years with a Bachelor’s degree or five years with secondary education and suitable research experience.
Experience in the usage of creative design tools.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Ability to use innovative tools such as Figma, Whimsical, or any other tool;
- Ability to conduct usability testing for digital products;
- Ability to conduct research for innovative projects;
- Ability to analyze qualitative data for User Research.
Fluency in English and Armenian