- Job ID 106479
- Gender Both
- Degree Bachelor Degree
- Salary 27025َAFN
- No of Opportunity 2
- Province or State Kapisa
- Duration 7 months
- Vacancy Number AFG-KAP-PROG-021-2023
About Solidarités International:
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in 20 countries since 2010, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in 4 sectors in worldwide.
Goal / Purpose:
Under the supervision of the team leader and/or the project manager, the foreman will lead and supervise work projects, respecting deadlines and technical requirements.
List of main tasks:
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Under the supervision of the team leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his/her team leader or project manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
- A degree in Civil/mechanical Engineer or equivalent experience in Water and sanitation and hygiene
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supervision of water and sanitation interventions
- At least 1-year experience in NGO (preferable)
- Basic computer skills (Excel and word) is required
- Autonomy, rigor, analytical skills
- High work ethic and respect of rules
- Good level of English (written and spoken) is preferable.
- Proficiency in Pashtu and Dari is required
- The female candidate should be able to speak Pashayee
Interested and qualified national candidates can submit their application including CV and Cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position title “WASH Officer – Kapisa” and vacancy number AFG-KAP-PROG-021-2023 on the subject line of the email; otherwise it will not be considered.
The closing date for accepting application is March 11th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test.
DO NOT ATTACH OTHER DOCUMENTS LIKE WORK CERTIFICATE, DIPLOMA and other documents in this stage.