Brief Details About Communications and Knowledge Management Officer Job at UNV in Bangladesh:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2023-05-16
Apply also: Program Policy Officer Job at WFP in Bangladesh
Task and Responsibilities:
The incumbent of this position will support the coherence of internal and external communication of UNJP (BGD/21/02/CAN)- “Improving Skills and Economic Opportunities for the Bangladeshi Community and Rohingya Women & Youth in Cox’s Bazar (108587)” implemented by four participating UNOs (UNHCR, IOM, UNDP, and ILO), with ILO serving as the Convening Agency. Aside from. He or she oversees the Country Office’s corporate communication and knowledge management initiatives and supports the communications efforts of specific projects. The specific responsibilities include:
1. Strategy and planning:
- Produce strategy, tools & templates, and guidelines for communication and knowledge management of ILO Country Office Bangladesh to support the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) 2022-2026.
- Support the cluster/project-specific communication strategy development and harmonizing office-wide communication efforts.
- Analyse current practices of the information management system in ILO Bangladesh (websites, portals, hard copies etc) and establish an effective knowledge and information management system in the office.
- Support the office to fulfil the administrative agency function in the areas of knowledge management, harmonizing communication with the Partner UN agencies and quality assurance of the communication and knowledge management work in line with the ILO’s approach to communication.
- Take part in the regular meetings of the UN Communications Action Group
- In coordination with the development cooperation projects, identify and develop templates, guidance and plans for developing human-centred stories from ILO’s interventions.
2. Communication and knowledge management materials development:
- In coordination with the development cooperation project colleagues develop human-centred communication materials (written, audio, visual) highlighting the impact of ILO’s work on the ultimate beneficiaries and targeting different stakeholders.
- In coordination with the relevant project colleagues, support data visualization, including developing knowledge products to support advocacy, resource mobilization, and the constituents’ capacity-building.
- Keep ILO’s website and other communication and knowledge management platform up to date by synthesizing relevant information on lessons learned, success stories, impact on the stakeholders etc., from ILO’s work in coordination with the development cooperation project colleagues.
- Carry out website updates relating to ILO’s work at the Country Office level and for specific projects
- Develop social media materials relating to ILO’s work at the Country Office level and for specific projects
- Draft and edit speeches, presentations and other materials that the ILO Country Director/deputy Director will deliver.
- Act as publications focal point for ILO Bangladesh to ensure that all publications produced are in line with the ILO publications process, branding guidelines etc.
- Act as translation focal point for any materials from ILO HQ or the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific being translated into Bangla.
3. Media relations and advocacy:
- Act as an ILO Bangladesh communication focal person for external stakeholders.
- Maintain media relations of ILO Bangladesh by developing, drafting, and maintaining contact in-formation, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media print, TV, radio, web etc., in the country to communicate the story of ILO’s interventions to a broader audience.
- Organize forums and platforms for development cooperation project partners and constituents to share knowledge and experience amongst themselves and other stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate the major events of the country office, including the social dialogue events, technical convenings and other relevant events as necessary.
- Oversee dissemination of ILO press releases and or other material produced by ILO HQ or the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific to media.
4. Monitoring and evaluation of communication strategy:
- Undertake regular monitoring of the communication activities and organize feedback sessions for the project team members and other relevant colleagues in ILO.
- Oversee reporting to HQ or the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific on ILO Bangladesh communications actions as required.