Brief Details About Hygiene Promotion Officer Job at NRC in Bangladesh:
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2023-05-10
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission, or NRC, is an independent US government body entrusted with controlling and authorizing the civilian use of nuclear energy for the protection of human health and safety. Through licensing, inspection, and enforcement, the NRC is in charge of regulating commercial nuclear power plants and other uses of nuclear materials, such as in nuclear medicine. The five commissioners that lead the NRC are selected by the US president and given five-year terms after being approved by the US Senate. Apply also for
Apply also: Program Policy Officer Job at WFP in Bangladesh
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributes to the identification of potential projects in coordination with the project’s management.
- Coordinate the Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans
- Involve and inform WASH, schools, and host community committees about the hygiene promotion activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly, and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with the WASH sector and relevant partners to harmonize the hygiene promotion activities and plan integrated activities
- Ensure that procurement, delivery, and distribution of kits, materials, and equipment are timely and according to procedures respecting the deadlines and ensuring the quality of the items
- Manage the performance of relevant Hygiene Promotion staff, set objectives, monitor work plans, and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Search for and facilitate the introduction of new technology, methods, and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Refer and respond to WASH-related referrals including scabies, typhoid, diarrhoea etc. by taking relevant actions accordingly through conducting Hygiene Promotion sessions, campaigns and distribution of Hygiene kits.
- Mentor WASH focal points in informal settlements and schools, ensuring they are able and engaged in preventing and responding to WASH emergencies and operating, maintaining WASH facilities and promoting hygiene and behaviour messages including MHM.
- Record targets and monitor behavioural changes on a regular basis through WASH committee reports and school committee to follow up
- Contribute to improving the quality of the Hygiene Promotion activities conducted by the team by focusing on high-quality outputs, evidence-based project management and cost-effective implementation
- Prepare and share lesson plans, IEC materials and Hygiene Promotion activities with the WASH Coordinator and Hygiene Promotion team
- Support team with information, dissemination, sharing and conducting assessment, FGD, and KII as per needs required by the project and under the guidance of the line manager.
Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Social Science, Public Health, or any other relevant field with working experience.
- Minimum two years of experience working in Hygiene Promotion within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile environments
- Contextual knowledge of refugees in informal tent settlements, students in public schools and host community
- Experience with the start-up of projects in host communities
- Experience in Mobile Data Collection (Kobo Collect)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and knowledge and skills in designing leaflets, posters and other IEC materials
- Fluency in English and Bengali, both written and verbal. Chittagonian dialect desirable