About INGO Jobs in India – Knowledge Management Assistant:
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. IFC pledged a record $32.8 billion to private enterprises and financial institutions in developing countries in fiscal year 2022, using the strength of the private sector to end extreme poverty and increase shared prosperity as nations cope with the effects of global mounting crises.
The Strategic Initiatives, Analytics, and Knowledge Management unit (CSIAK) of the Corporate Support VPU is a newly formed unit focusing on increasing IFC’s knowledge, learning, and change management capabilities, as well as our corporate analytics and reporting. The mandate of this new unit is two-pronged: (1) drive innovation and continuous improvement within Corporate Support VPU (COSVPU) and (2) together with all other functions within the VPU and in partnership with Operations Management department and other relevant units across IFC, support senior leadership in designing and implementing the institutional change needed to achieve IFC’s strategic objectives and growth ambitions.
CSIAK seeks a high-performing Knowledge Management Assistant to support its knowledge technology and content management activities. In Chennai, the Knowledge Management Assistant will report to the Knowledge Management Officer, team head.
Responsibilities & Roles:
The Knowledge Management Assistant will aid in the implementation of content management initiatives across IFC divisions, such as the content help desk, content reporting, and content best practices training. Change management, advertising materials, and building resources to support content management services will also be prioritized. The chosen candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks relating to the department’s content activities, including but not limited to the following:
hub leads on updating and maintaining their intranet sites
• Take part in user acceptance testing as required.
• Ensure department content collections are in Document & Reports Internal.
• Support generation of quarterly metric reports on the usage of key information and knowledge portals.
• Help in the creation and production of promotional materials such as training videos, surveys, and learning resources.
• Evaluate content metadata, supporting the maintenance of the WBG taxonomy.
• Promote cross-departmental activities aimed at strengthening departmental collaboration and integration.
• Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Knowledge Management, Information Management, or a similar discipline, plus at least two years of relevant experience
• Expertise and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Analytics, Webex, and SharePoint Online
• Knowledge of taxonomy management platforms (such as PoolParty) and video editing software (e.g., Camtasia) is a plus
• Ability to analyze data and articulate findings
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results/outputs in a timely manner