- Organization: DRC
- Location: Denmark
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Global Protection Advisor
- Close on: 13 Mar 2023
DRC stands for the Danish Refugee Council, a humanitarian organization founded in 1956 in Denmark. Its mission is to assist and protect refugees, displaced persons, and other vulnerable populations affected by conflict, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
Also, Apply-UN Jobs-Statistician/Ethiopia/2023
The DRC operates in more than 30 countries worldwide, providing a range of services, including emergency assistance, shelter, protection, education, livelihood support, and advocacy. Its programs are guided by the principles of humanitarianism, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
In addition to its humanitarian work, the DRC is also committed to promoting durable solutions to displacement, such as voluntary repatriation, resettlement, and local integration. It works in partnership with governments, UN agencies, and other organizations to achieve its goals.
The DRC is funded by governments, private donors, and institutional partners, and has a strong reputation for accountability and transparency in its operations.
About NGO-Global Protection Advisor
The Global Protection Adviser position will be a component of the Global Protection Unit (GPU), which will support and enable DRC to keep improving its knowledge, skills, and position as a key player in the protection field.
The “Collective Preventative and Responsive Capacity and Action for Quality Protection Outcomes 2023–2024” Sida-funded Protection project’s two leading components will be overseen by this role. The incumbent will be in charge of the project’s components on Protection Prevention work and Protection Programme Design. The overall goal of the Sida-funded Protection project is “Strengthened capacity of DRC and local actors to prevent and respond to protection risks, thereby contributing to crisis-affected people’s ability to claim rights and self-protect.” In addition, the Global Protection Advisor will support and contribute to the development of the Strategic Plan for the Global Protection Unit for the years 2022 to 2025 as well as the strategic goals for the Protection sector components.
NGO-Global Protection Advisor Requirments
- For you to be successful in this position, we anticipate that you will have at least 7 years of considerable, progressively responsible experience in results-based protection, specifically in the context of conflict and forced displacement, protection preventative programming, and program design.
- a master’s degree in law, political science, sociology, humanitarian or development studies, or another field of study relevant to the profession.
- Excellent track record of developing, deploying, and implementing protection policies, guidelines, and tools, with expertise in dealing with international organizations both locally and globally
- English: fluent spoken and written
- The ability to work in French is an asset