- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Grants Coordinator
- Close on: 1 Sep 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a nongovernmental organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. The International Red Cross (IRC) was established in 1933 as the American Red Cross Refugee Committee and has bases in both the United States and Europe.
Apply Also, NGO-Immigration Services Navigator
About NGO-Grants Coordinator
The Grants Coordinator uses prospecting, proposal, and budget creation, donor management, and sub-award administration to take advantage of public and private funding opportunities. The Grants Coordinator is accountable for carrying out the full range of pre-and post-award activities necessary to prepare and submit institutional proposals to public and private donors across the IRC in Northern California, with an emphasis on IRC Oakland’s programs, as well as additional support to three other offices and Immigration programming, under the direction of the Grants Manager. The leadership, development, financial, and program employees of IRC Northern California as well as the revenue, grants, and business development personnel at the organization’s headquarters collaborate on this project.
NGO-Grants Coordinator Responsibilities
- In coordination with the Grants Manager, Executive Director, and Development Director, support the prospecting for new opportunities and the creation of letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports to local foundations and other possible private donors to raise restricted private money.
- Lead the creation of concept notes, proposals, and budgets. In collaboration with the directors of the programs and sites, the finance director, and resource acquisition and management (RAM) at the headquarters, make sure that log frames, program designs, and narratives adhere to high standards.
- Write the important proposal sections, update them, and include the team members’ suggestions.
- Ensure that partners (i.e., possible sub-awardees) are screened and contracts are created and signed in accordance with IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) pre-award protocols by working with RAM and Finance.
NGO-Grants Coordinator Requirments
- Undergraduate degree/certificate in non-profit management or a related field or comparable work experience.
- Three+ years of professional experience in proposal writing, log frame development, and budget management preferred.
- Excellence in written and spoken English