- Organization: NRC
- Location: Cameroon
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Health Safety and Security Officer
- Close on: N/A
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an impartial charity that aids those who must flee. It was founded following World War II and operates in more than 40 nations in both recent and ongoing crises. A five-member Commission oversees the NRC, with one member acting as chair and official spokesperson. The NRC Office of Inspector General (NRC OIG) examines and provides feedback on the effects of current and prospective laws and regulations on the affordability and effectiveness of NRC programs and operations.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Consultant for CMS Strategic Plan 2023
About NGO-Health Safety and Security Officer
The organization’s basic principles of commitment, creativity, diversity, and accountability are demanded of every NRC employee. These attitudes and beliefs will direct our behavior and interactions. An HSS Officer will be needed to ensure that the NRC HSS policy is being followed if there are a considerable number of incidents that have an impact on program activities in all areas of implementation. The HSS department asks for the hiring of an HSS Officer in Buea to assist the HSS Coordinator in Buea, particularly in areas of program intervention, due to a lack of staff and the need to give young men and women the chance to develop their skills in the HSS department.
NGO-Health Safety and Security Officer Responsibilities
- You should serve as the local hub for all information pertaining to NRC security, and you should answer directly to the supervisor.
- To determine your needs for safety and security, do frequent security and risk assessments.
- daily assessment of local security situations, identification of security trends, and area manager advice on matters
- giving new NRC staff a security briefing and testing their understanding of security problems
- Provide regular briefings and updates and safety and security training for staff
- Ensures that all employees have successfully completed Operational Security Training (Basic and Advanced Security Training in the Field).
- Revise the list of employees’ home addresses and identify neighborhood focal areas
- Maintain constant communication with the logistics and program teams regarding the activities of the field teams.
- Make ensuring that employee and vehicle movements are tracked in accordance with procedures and that the required safety and security equipment is available and in working order.
- Together with the logistic officer, look into any safety or accident-related incident, and help create the incident report within 48 hours.
- Boost gatekeeper training in accordance with the NRC’s Security Operational Plan.
- All safety and security violations and threats to NRC personnel, beneficiaries, activities, or assets must be reported right away.
- Facilitate staff egress in case of emergency
- communicate with NGOs, UN agencies, and other outside parties to gather security information
- carry out any activities relating to security and other tasks given by the supervisor
NGO-Health Safety and Security Officer Requirements
knowledge of the West, particularly the South and West Context, usage, custom, and regional tongue
The minimum educational requirement is a B.Sc. in social sciences or security studies.
Knowledge gained through serving as a security officer in a setting of relief and recovery
Work experience in the Buea region, as well as the North and South West, is necessary.
speaking and writing English in a native tongue with ease (e.g pidgin)