- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Immigration Legal Assistant
- Close on: 26 Mar 2023
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. The IRC Way is a multilingual document that defines the ideals of the organization. Its objectives for power include establishing a just society where everyone may prosper.
Also, You can apply for NGO-Tax Specialist/USA/2023
About NGO-Immigration Legal Assistant
IRC’s immigration legal services program, which is a part of RAI, provides accessible and crucial legal representation and guidance to immigrants and their families in order to obtain the highest level of immigration status possible, maintain families, gain access to all of their rights, and successfully integrate in the U.S. It serves more than 14,000 people annually in 23 locations across the country.
The job assists attorneys and/or advocates accredited by the Department of Justice (DOJ) in representing clients before US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and facilitating community-based seminars on citizenship and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Legal assistance is primarily focused on family reunification, citizenship, status adjustments, DACA, and temporary protected status (TPS). Employees hired for this position must work for DOJ accreditation with assistance from the IRC’s Immigration Technical Unit, which is situated at IRC Headquarters.
Required Qualifications of NGO-Immigration Legal Assistant
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment and with Limited English Proficient populations.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, as well as take independent initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and comfortable utilizing online software and programs.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is required (Arabic, Swahili, Somali, Dari/Pashto, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Karen, Somali).
- Demonstrated dedication to immigrant rights, social justice, and/or human rights based on work experience, volunteer service, or educational activities.
Excellent communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English are essential; bilingualism in one of the local customer base’s most common languages (Arabic, Swahili, Somali,